• Forums Updates - Tuesday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Tuesday, June 11 starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aasen002

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone!

I just finished and submitted my application for this program. Just wondering if there's anyone else out there also looking to apply to the FIU Post-Bacc. program or has any info as far as whether or not it's good. It seems to be a newer program and there's not much information out there.

Hey, I'm thinking of applying to the program and I was wondering if have to have had taken the MCAT before applying to it?

Called an admissions rep, she said that if you maintain a 3.7 by the end of the program you are automatically filtered into their med program. Not sure about the MCAT stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Called an admissions rep, she said that if you maintain a 3.7 by the end of the program you are automatically filtered into their med program. Not sure about the MCAT stuff.

I read on their website that guaranteed admission was only if you were waitlisted. [1]

So if you weren't waitlisted, you're only guaranteed an interview, also I'm assuming they want an MCAT score of at least 500 before matriculating into the medical program.

For both cases you need t0 maintain a 3.7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Apply | College of Medicine | Florida International University | FIU

I would call again to clarify this.

Hey has anyone heard back yet? Or does anyone know when we will?

Hey guys! Can anyone who has completed the program tell me what the weekly schedule is like? I am on the waitlist at FIU now so I recently applied to the program