This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

galpal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was in a similar boat end of sophomore year.

I really, really got myself together, sorted out my personal life problems that were holding me back, starting eating well and exercising, and worked very hard to become a model student.

It all became second nature to me, and nowadays I have to convince people that I was ever like that- I am not applying this cycle, but I was an "A" WedgeDawg applicant despite my couple of low grades.

Get help, get more friends, and take care of yourself. And your schoolwork- it's all related.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in a similar boat end of sophomore year.

I really, really got myself together, sorted out my personal life problems that were holding me back, starting eating well and exercising, and worked very hard to become a model student.

It all became second nature to me, and nowadays I have to convince people that I was ever like that- I am not applying this cycle, but I was an "A" WedgeDawg applicant despite my couple of low grades.

Get help, get more friends, and take care of yourself. And your schoolwork- it's all related.

Thanks for this, it really makes me feel better. I'm more motivated now than ever and really feel like I can get myself together too. Are you taking a gap year and then applying the next cycle?

Also, in my situation, would you advise to retake the C's or just keep moving on and aiming for at least a 3.8 next sem?

Thanks for this, it really makes me feel better. I'm more motivated now than ever and really feel like I can get myself together too. Are you taking a gap year and then applying the next cycle?

Also, in my situation, would you advise to retake the C's or just keep moving on and aiming for at least a 3.8 next sem?
I didn't retake because I had very busy class load. Also, if you retake, it will not change your AMCAS grade. It only adds another A. Grade replacement ONLY happens for DO, not MD apps.

Remember to start taking action while you feel that way! Don't let it be a wait until tomorrow thing. Getting in a good study group is what ultimately helped me be accountable and advance more.

I took 2 gap years, and ultimately decided to apply for PhD programs, but I have learned a lot about myself and both science and medicine during this journey- and that you can do whatever you want, basically, if you work steadily towards it.

Reactions: 1 user