DO ….

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringDO93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are competitive for any DO school so apply to at least 12 and you should receive several interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn't worry about taking the MCAT again, especially if you are fine with DO schools. Your GPA is right around the average for many schools and you have strong ECs. I'm out on the east coast but if you don't mind travelling here are some schools to think about applying to out here:

• Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (GPA: 3.5 MCAT: 503)
    • Also have a campus at Seton Hill and Florida
  • University of Pikesville-Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine (GPA: 3.5 MCAT: 498)
  • Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine (Marshall University) (GPA: 3.6 MCAT:506)
  • The Commonwealth Medical College (GPA: 3.45 MCAT: 508)
  • Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Virginia, Carolina, Auburn) (GPA: 3.61 MCAT: 501)
  • Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (Ohio University, Dublin, Cleveland) (GPA: 3.65 MCAT:505)
  • West Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (GPA: 3.4 MCAT: 500)
  • Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (GPA: 3.5 MCAT: 502)
  • DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (Lincoln Memorial)(GPA: 3.54 MCAT: 502)
  • Boonshoft School of Medicine (Wright State University) (GPA: 3.65 MCAT: 507)
  • Michigan State (GPA: 3.55 MCAT: 504)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Retaking the MCAT would be too much of a risk, huh :( It wouldn't really make a big difference to DO schools either, I assume? I guess the only reason I would retake it is if I applied to MD schools, but my GPA would not qualify anyway, since it is only near 3.5 due to grade replacement.

I wouldn't worry about taking the MCAT again, especially if you are fine with DO schools. Your GPA is right around the average for many schools and you have strong ECs. I'm out on the east coast but if you don't mind travelling here are some schools to think about applying to out here:

• Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (GPA: 3.5 MCAT: 503)
    • Also have a campus at Seton Hill and Florida
  • University of Pikesville-Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine (GPA: 3.5 MCAT: 498)
  • Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine (Marshall University) (GPA: 3.6 MCAT:506)
  • The Commonwealth Medical College (GPA: 3.45 MCAT: 508)
  • Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Virginia, Carolina, Auburn) (GPA: 3.61 MCAT: 501)
  • Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (Ohio University, Dublin, Cleveland) (GPA: 3.65 MCAT:505)
  • West Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (GPA: 3.4 MCAT: 500)
  • Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (GPA: 3.5 MCAT: 502)
  • DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (Lincoln Memorial)(GPA: 3.54 MCAT: 502)
  • Boonshoft School of Medicine (Wright State University) (GPA: 3.65 MCAT: 507)
  • Michigan State (GPA: 3.55 MCAT: 504)
Where did you get those new MCAT averages? Are they based on the percentiles of the old exam or something?

The reason why I ask is because certain schools have been seeing a stark difference in the average of the two exams this cycle. For example, COMP-Pomona has a 28 and 500 average for the old and new exam respectively for their 2020 matriculants. Huge difference between the two as one is 67 percentile and the other 51 percentile. Looks like those that took the new one caught a temporary break.

Where did you get those new MCAT averages? Are they based on the percentiles of the old exam or something?

The reason why I ask is because certain schools have been seeing a stark difference in the average of the two exams this cycle. For example, COMP-Pomona has a 28 and 500 average for the old and new exam respectively for their 2020 matriculants. Huge difference between the two as one is 67 percentile and the other 51 percentile. Looks like those that took the new one caught a temporary break.

Yeah I just converted them using the percentiles compared to the old exam. I do believe that the new one is getting a slight break from talking to people that applied this past cycle. I haven't been able to find any data on averages for the new scoring/exam though. To be safe for DO schools I would still recommend being over or very close to 500.

Reactions: 1 user