D

deleted687538

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've had friends accepted that were within the top 20% of the class. not sure if ranking is very important but seeing as not all schools do it I wouldn't think it is. ACT/SAT score?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was 3rd In my class with a 3.94 final GPA, 4.0 weighted GPA, 33 on my ACT, 2250 SAT, about 300 total hours spent volunteering and job shadowing, plus clinical experience and lab work. I was in 7 Active clubs and played football on top of that. I was almost in every AP class as well. So basically, what I'm saying is I never had fun in high school, but I got in to good colleges and got it paid for. Yay.

I was rejected from St. Louis BS/MD program. On the other hand, I was accepted by the University of Alabama college of Medicine BS/MD program and the University of Kentucky College of Medicine BS/MD program. Those were the three closest programs to me. So anyway, there's some personal high school stats from someone that got accepted into a BS/MD program.

Thanks for the thorough answer. What did your 3.94 equate to on a regular point scale? I've been going off of college board's 4.0 converision scale, so I would have a 4.0 un/weighted

Well, my public school is tiny (45 seniors graduating this year) so the regular point scale might be a little inflated. I was said to have a 99.3 high school average. However, I am friends with the valedictorian at the larger public high school and he finished with a 3.89 GPA and his overall high school average was 98.something.

At least a 3.8+ to have a decent chance at all of them. Ideally a 3.9+ GPA. Although, back in high school I have classmates who had success with mid 3.7s at BA/MD and BS/DO schools (3.7 GPAs, 2000-2100 SAT scores).

If you are aiming for the BU 7 year program, Brown PLME, and Northwestern HPME or programs of that caliber, I would highly recommend having a 3.8+ and 2250+.

Last edited: