100-day MCAT schedule re-reading days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irishking33

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been following the 100-day MCAT study schedule posted on the SDN website pretty religiously so far, but the part that I've been struggling with (and knew I'd struggle with beforehand) are the days where I need to re-read ALL the chapters from the past week all in one day. I'm personally a slow reader, so reading 7-8 chapters all in one day might not even be possible for me. If I were to actually read every chapter a second time, it would probably take me longer than the 100 days to complete the schedule, assuming I do everything else on all the other days listed on it.

However, I have taken extensive notes on each chapter the first time I read through them. Mainly what I'd write down are things that I find important or things that I didn't know very well or had some difficulty remembering. So I was thinking, should I just re-read the notes on all the chapters from the past week instead of re-reading the chapters entirely? I feel like that would be an appropriate amount of time to spend on the re-reading days; in fact it'd take me about as long as any other day took me on average. Those of you who followed the 100-day schedule, what did you do? I'm referring of course to this one: The 100 Day MCAT Study Schedule | Student Doctor Network

Members don't see this ad.

I am one of those who are against rereading. The only things you should be rereading are concepts that are clearly weak from your practice question and review. To reread an entire chapter seems a large waste of time to me. Though note, I did not follow this plan at all.