General 10 years from now post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How do you truthfully answer secondary and possible interview questions that ask " In what field of medicine do you envision yourself working ten years from now?" or "what career would you choose if you stop pursuing medicine?" . I find these questions hard because I like many fields of medicine, I'm not sure where I'll end up. Also, the other field would've have been education but I was a teacher already so I don't have any other options. I don't really want to make up something because they may pick that out. Thanks for any advice.
There's a recent thread that touches on that: How to answer "expected career path" prompt when you don't know

It isn't necessary to give a precise answer especially as adcomms know 80% of premeds change their minds before applying for residency. Think about the experiences you've had shadowing (or teaching). Think about broad characteristics that appealed to you. That thread will help you sort it out. It's OK to not be sure of specialty, but you do already know what will make you feel fulfilled.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.