10/12 SAT I Essay?

xnfs93hy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I thought this essay was scored out of 6?

I got a 10/12 max on the essay from the SAT I this month.

Is that good or bad?

I got a 580 on the section itself.

Members don't see this ad.

It's been a while since the SAT, but I believe the essay is graded from 1-6 and two graders score your essay, so you score is the sum of their evaluations. So your ten, means that both readers gave you a 5. The 10, seems like a pretty good score to me, but the 580 doesn't seem so hot.

I got 53/80 right on the multiple choice.
I got 10/12 on the Essay

I really want to score an 800 on this section.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel so stupid. Ugh. I want to just nail this freakin test.

oh god dammit jeff shut up

800s on the SAT isn't something you can "nail". 580 is fine. i thought you were going to CC anyway?

Jeff, I improved my 149 PSAT to a 2000 SAT; I also consistently scored 2200's on my practice exams [I froze up due to nervousness on a couple sections of the real exam].

If you want a good score, use the Gruber's Study Guide 2008 for Math, RocketReview for Critical Reading, and Grammatix for Writing. An alternative is to use McGraw-Hill's workbooks. Then you must buy the Official Study Guide and take all of the tests, correct them, and identify your mistakes. Finally, buy the Barron's 2400 guide and complete it all. There's the magic kit to a 2000+ score.

It took me two weeks of prepping and I didn't even finish most of these books, and I still got a 2000. Imagine if I would have had the proper time to study. Anyway, I gave you advice, so hurry up and study.

What McGraw Hill workbooks are you talking about exactly?

I honestly think Jeff has more than enough prep books...

2 graders..10/12 is a good score, i had that on the writing section in one of my tests but i got a lot of MC right so my score was higher than yours.

Just do more practice problems from what you already have. I know you didnt do them all because if you did your score would be atleast 700. If you think you have understand what you got wrong in terms of why you got it wrong.

what was your math and verbal?