1 year post-bacs for people without science background

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyNameIsAlex

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are there any that will accept me if the CGPA is just below 3.0?

Members don't see this ad.

MyNameIsAlex said:
are there any that will accept me if the CGPA is just below 3.0?

You do know that post-bacc is merely any upper division undergrad classes taken after earning your bachelor's right? Which means you can just take classes through an extension, do another bachelor's, or ask the school to be course-work only (non-degree earning). One is not limited to an official post-bacc program.

Having said that some of the schools in CA have GPA requirements of 2.7, however most are for disadvantaged backgrounds, with some amount of emphasis for URMs. Those without such criteria are either really competative to get into in some form or another, or merely a course-work only program. Additionally, most post-bacc programs are pretty expensive too.

There are of course some post-bacc programs that feed you into a med school, but there is a higher GPA requirement for that since you must meet a standard for the med school as well.

relentless11 said:
You do know that post-bacc is merely any upper division undergrad classes taken after earning your bachelor's right? Which means you can just take classes through an extension, do another bachelor's, or ask the school to be course-work only (non-degree earning). One is not limited to an official post-bacc program.

Having said that some of the schools in CA have GPA requirements of 2.7, however most are for disadvantaged backgrounds, with some amount of emphasis for URMs. Those without such criteria are either really competative to get into in some form or another, or merely a course-work only program. Additionally, most post-bacc programs are pretty expensive too.

There are of course some post-bacc programs that feed you into a med school, but there is a higher GPA requirement for that since you must meet a standard for the med school as well.

i was wondering the same thing! my gpa isnt that great either. could you give links to some of these schools in cali please! i would like to call them and see what they need for applying to their schools. i'm depressed and at total lost when it comes to finding a post-bacc program. i have taken half of the pre-reqs, but i'm not a science major. so what prgram would i need to get into if i want to finsh up science classes and strengthen my gpa? (i already took, genetics, chem1/2, orgo 1 (now), bio 1/2, anatomy/physiology1/2, and immunology). grades are not very good. please! any advice... i want to do something with my life!!!