1 year oculoplastics fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Equality

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A prominent, senior oculoplastic surgeon is offering 1-year oculoplastic fellowships to interested residents (and fellows I guess) in a private practice setting east of the Ohio valley area. A good mix of functional, orbital, cosmetic, and non-invasive.

Candidates interviewed on a rolling basis.

Contact me for more information.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
"ASOPRS members who train fellows in a non-ASOPRS fellowship are in violation of the ASOPRS Bylaws. Any ASOPRS member found to violate this mandate will be subject to disciplinary action. Trainees who participate in a non-ASOPRS fellowship may be forfeiting their right to become a member of ASOPRS."

To be fair to the OP, if this is who I think it is, he is a really good teacher and is probably one of the most prominent names in oculoplastics.

I was just posting to let any applicants know -- if they care to be a member of ASOPRS, that may be difficult for this reason. If not, then go crazy :p.

"ASOPRS members who train fellows in a non-ASOPRS fellowship are in violation of the ASOPRS Bylaws. Any ASOPRS member found to violate this mandate will be subject to disciplinary action. Trainees who participate in a non-ASOPRS fellowship may be forfeiting their right to become a member of ASOPRS."
So an ophthalmologist who goes to, say Moorfields, would by having done so jeopardize their chances to become an ASOPRS member? That is ridiculous, if true, and would make ASOPRS look (very unattractively, mind you) less interested in promoting oculoplastics knowledge and more interested in being a trade guild. Not a good look at all.

I don't think anyone would disagree that some of these decisions may have been made in the interest of preventing saturation of the field. Is that wrong? Optometry and law failed to do this, perhaps to their detriment.

Trainees should be advised of the (potential) liability in this should they care to be a part of the society.

A prominent, senior oculoplastic surgeon is offering 1-year oculoplastic fellowships to interested residents (and fellows I guess) in a private practice setting east of the Ohio valley area. A good mix of functional, orbital, cosmetic, and non-invasive.

Good morning, I’m a senior Ophthalmology resident and wanted to inquire more about the 1-year fellowship opportunity you are offering and best way to get more information on it. Thank you

Last edited:
Asoprs is funny in that they try and control market with their clauses as above.

whats funny is you dont need to be asoprs to do most profitable plastics procedures. They have enough turf battles w/ general plastic surgeons as it is.

Please let me know if your oculoplastics fellowship beginning July 1, 2021 is still available. I’m very interested - thanks very much.