1 Year Intensive Post Bacc Programs- Any that don't start in May?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dance864

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of the one year intensive post-bacc programs (goucher, scripps, bryn mawr, uva, etc) have mid-late june start dates? Most programs seem to start chemistry in May which might pose a challenge for me. If I took 1 semester of gen chem where I am currently living would that possibly allow me to arrive later? Would that be looked down upon by programs?

Just looking for experiences/thoughts. I will contact programs I am interested in to get more info.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do any of the one year intensive post-bacc programs (goucher, scripps, bryn mawr, uva, etc) have mid-late june start dates? Most programs seem to start chemistry in May which might pose a challenge for me. If I took 1 semester of gen chem where I am currently living would that possibly allow me to arrive later? Would that be looked down upon by programs?

Just looking for experiences/thoughts. I will contact programs I am interested in to get more info.:)

A significant portion of Bryn Mawr's class (upwards of a 1/3) start the fall semester and instead take Orgo the summer after the fall/spring semesters.

Thanks for the reply! With taking orgo the summer after, do those students still apply to med school that summer/take MCAT that spring/summer?

Thanks for the reply! With taking orgo the summer after, do those students still apply to med school that summer/take MCAT that spring/summer?

Yes, many applied to med school that same summer and took the MCAT at the end of the summer semester after Orgo around August. It's definitely doable.

Also I would advise against taking prereqs outside of the program.