1 class withdrawal NOT on transcript, but on internal student records - does it need to be reported?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctoscope

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if I should withdraw from a class that's taking up WAY too much time.

Essentially, the school policy is that you can withdraw from a class before the final and it'll be marked as a W on your internal student records, but it does not appear anywhere on transcripts or any other document. It's pretty much a "late drop."

AMCAS says if someone withdraws from a term, all dropped courses need to be reported whether it's on the transcript or not, but it does not say anything about individual courses that have been withdrawn from but do not appear on a transcript (or at least I can't find anything about it).

So, do I need to report the class if I withdraw from it, and it does not appear on any document?

Members don't see this ad.

Update: I called AAMC this morning, and they said that if a class doesn't show up on your official transcript, you do not need to report it (unless it's a full term withdrawal).