1+3 learning model, what do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandemicpremed97

Reaction score
At soma has something called a 1+3 learning model where students spend only 1 yr in the classroom and 3 years in the clinic. They say during the second yr you are learning online bc you move from the campus to your community health center. SOMA - Curriculum
What are the pros and cons of this learning model?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you tried asking in the school specific thread for applicants? I'm sure some current SOMA students could weigh in on their curriculum.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I will ask, I asked a couple questions though and didn’t get an answer
I saw that, and it's probably because you were asking questions that were answered on the first page of the thread by a current student. I'm trying to steer you towards some answers because I know you're up against a deadline to submit deposits, but let me give you some (kindly meant, truly) advice: there's a search function for every thread and every forum, and you can click a box that says 'search this forum'.

Most of the questions you ask and don't get answers to have already been asked, several times, and answered thoroughly somewhere on these forums. AT SOMA has been around for a while, so there are threads for every application year. I'm sure the curriculum has been discussed and you can probably find an answer in one of those threads quicker than you'll get one waiting for one in a new thread. I wish you luck in your answer-hunting and decision-making, and congrats on your successful cycle!

Reactions: 3 users
I saw that, and it's probably because you were asking questions that were answered on the first page of the thread by a current student. I'm trying to steer you towards some answers because I know you're up against a deadline to submit deposits, but let me give you some (kindly meant, truly) advice: there's a search function for every thread and every forum, and you can click a box that says 'search this forum'.

Most of the questions you ask and don't get answers to have already been asked, several times, and answered thoroughly somewhere on these forums. AT SOMA has been around for a while, so there are threads for every application year. I'm sure the curriculum has been discussed and you can probably find an answer in one of those threads quicker than you'll get one waiting for one in a new thread. I wish you luck in your answer-hunting and decision-making, and congrats on your successful cycle!
Ohh ok did not do the search lll do that now thank you :)

Well if this year taught us anything, its that its def doable and telehealth is the next big thing if it isnt already.

Reactions: 1 user