1,100 apps for Midwestern-Glenadale so far...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Roxicet

warning: I'm addictive!
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
for 130 seats, and there's still over a month to go until the Feb. 1 deadline! This is insane!!!:eek: Do you think PHARMCAS is responsible for this, I mean, because of the convenience of applying to multiple schools? I'm soooo glad I applied early. It looks like more than a 1 in 10 chance of getting in for the regular applicants, since 26 seats will be filled next week!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, my school didn't get that many applicants last year until the deadline, which was in March. It's gotta be PharmCAS.

You'll be in next years MWU-GCP class anyways, Roxy! ;)

Originally posted by karmapatroL
for 130 seats, and there's still over a month to go until the Feb. 1 deadline! This is insane!!!:eek: Do you think PHARMCAS is responsible for this, I mean, because of the convenience of applying to multiple schools? I'm soooo glad I applied early. It looks like more than a 1 in 10 chance of getting in for the regular applicants, since 26 seats will be filled next week!

That is not bad considering the current application system (PharmMCAS) that we have. I know for UOP, they have already received 1,600 applications for 200 spots. And 100 of those seats are for their own UOP Pre-Pharm Advantage students. So the odds of getting one of those available 100 seats is going to be difficult considering the rising number of apps each year!

:D :D :D

Members don't see this ad :)
originally posted by LVPharm
You'll be in next years MWU-GCP class anyways, Roxy! ;)

Thanks!
remybussi.gif

Ugh, this is depressing me, STOP!

my stomach twisted into 8 bazillion tiny tiny knots...

must remain somewhat confident and hopeful....

originally posted by Oneday_9
Ugh, this is depressing me, STOP!

my stomach twisted into 8 bazillion tiny tiny knots...

must remain somewhat confident and hopeful....

It'll be OK!
1knuddel.gif

Did you apply to MWU-CPG too?

Actually, I did not! But just hearing that surprised me...but as my friend who is applyin medical said

"Dude, imagine 3000 apps for 100 spots..."

and I felt a tad bit better....

Thanks for the info tho...I'm goin to work hard on prepping for any interviews!

As of mid-Dec. UOP has approximately 2700 applications for 100 seats! The deadline of Jan. 2nd is approaching soon! So hurry applicants turn your stuff in! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There's got to be more than 100 seats for non UOP pre-pharms unless things have changed dramatically. When I was there (started in 97) there was AT MOST 30 of us.

180 UOP prepharmers. Last I heard if they make the grades and interview they get in.
Last year 100 people iv, 70 got in.

My have how things have changed. There's an interview component now as well? Wow.

Look, I found a smilie for the preceptor that interviewed me at MWU!

mouth_water.gif

If anyone has interviews this spring please tell him that we're getting married in August. I don't think he knows yet.

anyone know the percentage of students get interviews? i applied in november but haven't heard anything yet.

For early admissions, there were about 385 apps, and 70 people interviewed....that's about 18% of applicants. 26 people were accepted, so once you had an interview, you had a 1 in 2.7 (37%) chance of getting in. Total class size will be about 130.

If we assumed that those percentages will carry over to regular admissions, and let's say there's 1200 apps now for 100 seats, then we'd assume that they'll interview 216 people (18%) give or take. That seems like a small number though; they'll probably interview more.

But no need to worry anymore. You got an interview, right?!
grupo.gif

I just heard today that MWU-Glendale has received over 1400 applications (only - I thought they were expecting more). I also heard that the cut-off for interviews has been preliminarily set at 3.00 GPA and PCAT composite of 70. Good luck!

Word from the horse's mouth here is that apps to WVUSoP have "more than doubled" due to PharmCAS or whatever it's called. There is also this promise scholorship that started with the high school class of 2002 that has been keeping WV kids in-state, so that may have also upped the count.

Here's the final numbers, from Krista, the pharmacy admissions counselor, on the interactive part of their website:

jms41382 posted: I was wondering how many students applied for fall 2004 and how many interviews will be granted. Also, what are the dates for the interviews?
Krista answered: So far, we have over 1500 people who have applied for the College of Pharmacy - Glendale. The number of students we will be interviewing is so far unknown; however, we are approximately going to interview around 360. This is at the discretion of the CPG Admissions Committee. Interviews will be held in March and April.
rocks asked: Are these numbers including the early applications and interviews?
Krista answered: Those numbers include every student who has applied to the College of Pharmacy. Including Early Admissions, we will interview approximately 350 - 400 students for 130 seats.
Tim asked: How many applicants met the early admissions deadline out of these 1500+?
Krista answered: 250 met the application deadline for Early Admissions.

I know that they interviewed ~70 early, so that leaves ~300+ interviews left.