06/02/17 DAT Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gubster

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Pre-Dents!

Took the DAT yesterday (June 2, 2017) and here are my results:

24AA, 24TS, 24Bio, 22GC, 26OC, 24RC, 22QR, 22PAT

Materials used: DAT Bootcamp, Ari's Study Schedule and all related materials (DAT Destroyer 2017, Math Destroyer 2017, 2007 DAT, 2009 DAT, Cliffs AP Bio 3rd edition), McGraw Hill DAT orange book (just read the bio/chem section), Kaplan blue book (just read the bio section), Chad's videos for GC/OC.

Long story short: a million thanks to Ari for DAT Bootcamp. It was by far the best investment I made. Also thank you Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy for the Destroyer books. In general I felt the Destroyer was WAY more intense than the real exam, but that's the point! Get all of the hard questions out of the way with Bootcamp and Destroyer first, and then annihilate the test!

--Gubster

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations on your awesome scores. Thanks for sharing.
Can you tell us more about RC and QR?
Is the new QR different from destroyer and practice tests? Did you get questions about Comparative comparisons?
Also, what was your strategy for RC, and how hard was the RC on the real thing?
How long have you been studying for the dat? and were your Bootcamp scores similar to what you got?

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you! Okay, so my RC was way easier than Bootcamp and 90% of the questions were in order. I scared myself because I did not have a RC strategy, and my last BC score on RC was an 18. I read through the first 2-3 questions, then took each passage paragraph by paragraph. On QR, Ari's explanation on BC is spot on. Yes, I had quite a few quantitative comparison problems. Google "quantitative comparison problems GRE" and do as many as you can to gain some understanding. Math destroyer definitely helped too. I did 14 of the tests from the 2017 edition and at first was doing terribly but eventually got my scores up. As far as Bootcamp scores go, I felt my scores were inflated because I had already gone through the study schedule and seen the questions before. By the time I got to the full length tests I had seen almost ALL of the Bio questions before and lots of the OC/GC too. In general all of my BC scores were significantly lower than the real thing.

I studied for 3 months for the DAT. The first month I went through the McGraw Hill book, realized I needed to do a lot more and then bought DAT Bootcamp and did the study schedule day by day for 2 months. Unfortunately, all you can do is put in lots of time, but it was well worth it. The real DAT, for me, felt significantly easier than anything I'd seen before.

Reactions: 2 users
I have the DAT in 20 days and I am using pretty much the same materials as you. Do you have any tips?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Okay, so my RC was way easier than Bootcamp and 90% of the questions were in order. I scared myself because I did not have a RC strategy, and my last BC score on RC was an 18. I read through the first 2-3 questions, then took each passage paragraph by paragraph. On QR, Ari's explanation on BC is spot on. Yes, I had quite a few quantitative comparison problems. Google "quantitative comparison problems GRE" and do as many as you can to gain some understanding. Math destroyer definitely helped too. I did 14 of the tests from the 2017 edition and at first was doing terribly but eventually got my scores up. As far as Bootcamp scores go, I felt my scores were inflated because I had already gone through the study schedule and seen the questions before. By the time I got to the full length tests I had seen almost ALL of the Bio questions before and lots of the OC/GC too. In general all of my BC scores were significantly lower than the real thing.

I studied for 3 months for the DAT. The first month I went through the McGraw Hill book, realized I needed to do a lot more and then bought DAT Bootcamp and did the study schedule day by day for 2 months. Unfortunately, all you can do is put in lots of time, but it was well worth it. The real DAT, for me, felt significantly easier than anything I'd seen before.

Thank you so much for your thorough explanation. Luckily I have some gre math books to practice some of these questions.
You worked hard and earned your scores, best of luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! I just started Destroyer yesterday and it sure is hard but it's filling in the gaps in my knowledge :) In terms of PAT preparedness, was there anything that you would have done differently?

Hi Pre-Dents!

Materials used: DAT Bootcamp, Ari's Study Schedule and all related materials (DAT Destroyer 2017, Math Destroyer 2017, 2007 DAT, 2009 DAT, Cliffs AP Bio 3rd edition), McGraw Hill DAT orange book (just read the bio/chem section), Kaplan blue book (just read the bio section), Chad's videos for GC/OC.

Long story short: a million thanks to Ari for DAT Bootcamp. It was by far the best investment I made. Also thank you Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy for the Destroyer books. In general I felt the Destroyer was WAY more intense than the real exam, but that's the point! Get all of the hard questions out of the way with Bootcamp and Destroyer first, and then annihilate the test!

--Gubster
Congratulations and thanks for the shout out!

Another DAT Destroyed, You put in the hard work and the results are proof.

Enjoy your summer.

Dr. Romano

Good scores! I hope I get the same RC as yours! haha

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! I just started Destroyer yesterday and it sure is hard but it's filling in the gaps in my knowledge :) In terms of PAT preparedness, was there anything that you would have done differently?

I probably would have utilized the Quizlet flashcards already made by other students. Quizlet was an excellent opportunity that I, unfortunately, did not use. I also would have practiced more RC passages on Bootcamp. You got this!!!!

I probably would have utilized the Quizlet flashcards already made by other students. Quizlet was an excellent opportunity that I, unfortunately, did not use. I also would have practiced more RC passages on Bootcamp. You got this!!!!
Thanks for this tip. I haven't started Bio yet but I have compiled many quizlets notes and saved them haha :p

Hi Pre-Dents!

--Gubster

How long did you study for to get these awesome scores?

Hey! Seeing you just took your DAT, how would you say the biology section is relative to all the materials you used. My test is in a little over a week and i have been using Cliffs, Kaplan, and Destroyer. Trying to literally know and understand everything. Was also wondering if the biology questions were mostly association questions or direct recollection questions? I am a second time DAT test taker but seeing I did not do so well the first time around, the biology section is a complete blur. Definitely far more prepared this time but still incredibly nervous about Biology. Thanks for any help.

Hi Allthingsteeth, it was a bit of both. Keep doing what you're doing and expose yourself to everything listed in the ADEA guide for the bio section. I promise it will pay off.

Toothguy1: it was exactly what they listed in the ADEA guide, and they removed the trig and geometry from the guide (hint). That being said, some version of it may still pop up so be careful!!