Yale MPH 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sloth17

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I would create a thread to discuss any thoughts or questions about the program/housing as the deadline to commit approaches.

I'm most likely attending Yale, and I will also be going to the Open House on April 3rd. Who else is leaning towards committing?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm also leaning towards Yale and will be at the open house on the 3rd!

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! What factors make you lean towards Yale?

small class sizes, east coast, plus i've been in ann arbor for 6 years and am looking for a change.... the only thing keeping me from committing is the cost lol

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,

I'm planning on attending Yale for the Healthcare Management (HCM) track. Is anyone else also doing that program?
I'll be at the April 10th admitted students day.

Hello!
I already committed to Yale and paid my deposit! I am now looking for housing etc!:happy:

Hello!
I already committed to Yale and paid my deposit! I am now looking for housing etc!:happy:

I committed and sent my deposit as well! I never received a confirmation that it was received, though -- did you ever receive a confirmation?

I'll also be attending the Open House on April 10th! Hope to see some of you there :)

I committed and sent my deposit as well! I never received a confirmation that it was received, though -- did you ever receive a confirmation?

I'll also be attending the Open House on April 10th! Hope to see some of you there :)
I am a international student so I ask for instruction about wire the money, they send my a confirmation after receiving the deposit. I already got my Yale student ID now:soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
I was about to commit to BU (certificates in epidemiology and infectious disease), but then I received a large merit scholarship together with a decently sized financial aid package from Yale earlier this week. I would be in the Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases program at Yale. I am now going back and forth between these two programs! I will be attending the Open House on 4/10, and I will be sitting in on a class at Yale sometime next week or the week after. It will be an EMD class, and I will happily share my experiences with that! I would love to hear why others are leaning towards Yale to help in my decision!

Yale is the only program I applied to that includes wet laboratory work in the curriculum, and this is definitely something I am interested in and it makes the program very unique. I am excited to meet with current students in the class I sit in on soon.

I am a international student so I ask for instruction about wire the money, they send my a confirmation after receiving the deposit. I already got my Yale student ID now:soexcited:

That is awesome! I sent my deposit in a few days ago. About how long before you got your confirmation and ID?

To those of you who paid your deposits: How long did it take for you to get a confirmation? I was going to wait until after the 4/10 open house send in my deposit, but I will need the confirmation of matriculation to apply for a position I am looking into at Yale by the 17th, so I am trying to judge that timing!

To those of you who paid your deposits: How long did it take for you to get a confirmation? I was going to wait until after the 4/10 open house send in my deposit, but I will need the confirmation of matriculation to apply for a position I am looking into at Yale by the 17th, so I am trying to judge that timing!
I think I got my confirmation around 10 business days after I sent my check. If you're wiring the money electronically, you might get the confirmation faster!

Reactions: 1 user

I sent in my check via snail mail and I got a confirmation email after a week.

I sent in my check via snail mail and I got a confirmation email after a week.

I got my confirmation within 5 business days that they received the check. I did not get my ID number along with the confirmation, so I emailed them to ask, and was told that it takes about 10 days more (so a total of 15 days) to get my ID number.

Hello,

I'm planning on attending Yale for the Healthcare Management (HCM) track. Is anyone else also doing that program?
I'll be at the April 10th admitted students day.
Wondering how you ended up liking the program :)