Xavier PsyD funding?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureapppsy2

Assistant professor
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They seem to be slim. Why would I look outside of the department for an assistantship?

Actually, I know a number of pretty well-funded PhD programs where students get assistantships outside of the department (institutional research officers, research centers, etc), so it's not that uncommon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, I know a number of pretty well-funded PhD programs where students get assistantships outside of the department (institutional research officers, research centers, etc), so it's not that uncommon.

I was assuming it was in another department. Not an institutional researcher. Sorry for the confusion.

They do not provide much info, because they do not provide much funding. This is a very unorganized program and is set up for people who have outside parental support. If you do not have parental support or if you do not plan to work at least 15-20 hrs a week to cover the expenses that are not covered by federal loans (about half of your rent/food/books, etc) DO NOT COME HERE!! They do not care about your financial situation and are actually really rude when financial matters are brought to their attention. I go here and know this from personal experience.

I applied there and got in, and even with admitted students they were shady with supplying information about assistantships. Got a really weird vibe and decided to go elsewhere