Wtf dat bootcamp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doeordie

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
upload_2017-4-23_18-55-41.png

Are there any more errors on DAT Bootcamp that I should be aware of?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The term 'strong base' shouldn't have been used here, but the idea still holds that ammonia is a stronger base than ammonium, which is a weak acid. I'm updating that explanation now. Thanks!

The term 'strong base' shouldn't have been used here, but the idea still holds that ammonia is a stronger base than ammonium, which is a weak acid. I'm updating that explanation now. Thanks!

Awesome! Pretty great of you to be so responsive ... I'm sitting here reading my Princeton Review book which has the world "absorbant" written all over one of the pages of the bio review section wondering exactly how many years has that error gone unfixed.

Anyway, what would the cutoff be for a strong acid or base in terms of pKa/pKb on the DAT?

I'm still not completely on board with the idea that a base with a pKb = 1.2 is strong.

There isn't an exact cutoff range, and you won't have to make that close of a call on the DAT, it'll be obvious if you're dealing with a strong/weak acid. If you consider the pKb of Ca(OH)2, for example, the pKb = 2.4.

Members don't see this ad :)
There isn't an exact cutoff range, and you won't have to make that close of a call on the DAT, it'll be obvious if you're dealing with a strong/weak acid. If you consider the pKb of Ca(OH)2, for example, the pKb = 2.4.

This isn't the only mistake you guys have, another student pointed another mistake earlier this month that you guys might want to fix.
And I did not realise you guys have this many mistakes or I would have of hesitated on recommending bootcamp to anyone...

Last edited:
This isn't the only mistake you guys have, another student pointed another mistake earlier this month that you guys might want to fix.
And I did not realise you guys have this many mistakes or I would have of hesitated on recommending bootcamp to anyone...
I'm always available to take a look if you have any concerns, feel free to reach out to me through the site, I don't bite :)

Reactions: 2 users
I'm always available to take a look if you have any concerns, feel free to reach out to me through the site, I don't bite :)
That's great and all but I assumed you would have asked what the other mistake was so you can fix it for your customers.
Not impressed.

Reactions: 1 user
That's great and all but I assumed you would have asked what the other mistake was so you can fix it for your customers.
Not impressed.

I don't get it, he just told you he's available to take a look at anything else you're concerned about and you're complaining because...?

Reactions: 1 users
Not impressed.

Yikes. Even textbooks have mistakes man. God forbid that out of a thousand practice problems there's a couple mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Ladies and gentlemen spend your time wisely. Seating here arguing about dat boot camp is not going to help anyone to get into dental school. SDN platform is to educate one another not to argue about things that are not even worth of talking about. Every source has mistake even professor at college class make mistake so let's not waste time and let's focus on topics that matter just my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Everybody makes mistakes. Bootcamp has mistakes. Destroyer has mistakes. Kaplan has mistakes, etc. Not a huge deal.