Wrong designation in LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoopsidaisy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I guess in retrospect I totally should have read this post first: IM Chair Letter

I'm a fresh graduate (IMG) - now I've finally decided to apply in Internal Medicine this year.

I did a rotation in the US and I happened to be rotating with a Division Chief in a specialty different from Internal Medicine as my attending - whom I then asked for a LoR for Internal Medicine.
So when I sent out the letter request, I ended up checking the box for "Department Chair" and he just uploaded the letter. (I actually asked whether it's okay if I put him as DC).

Now - reading more about this subject, I know I handled this completely wrong.
I now know what a "Chair Letter in IM" means, and also that I will not have such a letter.

How can I politely let him know that I messed up the letter request and that he should upload it again (attaching my new letter request without the "DC" checked)?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thanks for your quick reply!

I am concerned that it will be seen as a sloppy oversight from my end (which it was to be honest...)

Is there a way for me to call ERAS support services and ask that they uncheck the option for Department Chair even after the letter was confirmed?

Nobody cares. There is a 1% chance anybody would notice and a 1% chance any of them would care.

Forget about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay - now I feel reassured. Thanks a lot for your helpful answers!