Would you rather get accepted into medical school or win the Super Bowl MVP as a Rookie Quarterback?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

license43

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Easy, Super Bowl MVP.

Then I'd apply to med school and go to Stanford/Harvard because let's face it - what medical school wouldn't want a Super Bowl MVP Rookie Quarterback?

Reactions: 20 users
SuperBowl with out a doubt.... getting into to medical school these days doesn't exactly make one unique . Winning the super bowl would be something not many have accomplished plus it would give you a platform to use your voice for healthcare issues if that is your passion, not to mention the ability to be financially set well after playing career ends.

Pretty simple really.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any idiot can get into medical school. There are only a handful of people in the world who can play NFL quarterback at an MVP level.

Reactions: 8 users
That depends - how much am I getting paid for the concussion lawsuit :rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
Uh super bowl QB? How is this even a question? The money that a SB winner would make would far outstrip the money any doctor would make

Uh super bowl QB? How is this even a question? The money that a SB winner would make would far outstrip the money any doctor would make
But think of all the people you could help as a doctor! You won't be helping anyone as a selfish super bowl MVP. Or are you just money hungry and don't care about the people? I personally am planning on opening a free practice in the underserved rural inner city. I won't charge my patients at all and I'll spend 1 hour with each one making sure they get the best care possible.

Every pre-med on interview day

Reactions: 13 users
Can I be a starting lineman instead? I'd take a 20 year career as a starting guard for a decent team... be the dude that only the hardcore fans know the name of. I would trade that for medicine any day. Medicine is a racket. Much good to be done in this field, but SO much BS... I wonder if it is worth it many days in any given week. Too late! Not for some of you though. There is still time to bail...

Can I be a starting lineman instead? I'd take a 20 year career as a starting guard for a decent team... be the dude that only the hardcore fans know the name of. I would trade that for medicine any day. Medicine is a racket. Much good to be done in this field, but SO much BS... I wonder if it is worth it many days in any given week. Too late! Not for some of you though. There is still time to bail...

I was under the impression linemen had the shortest careers due to the strain of being in the trenches, i believe it was safeties that have the longest careers in the NFL. I may be wrong though just saying what ive heard from word of mouth

Edit: couldnt find any position info on linemen, but the average length of career for NFL players is 3.3 years but if you make a pro bowl appearance average goes to 11.7 years.

Average NFL career length | Statistic
Give me the medical school acceptance IMO
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Best position in football is backup QB. Paid well, no risk of getting hurt , and everyone always loves you. I would chose this route also.

But think of all the people you could help as a doctor! You won't be helping anyone as a selfish super bowl MVP. Or are you just money hungry and don't care about the people? I personally am planning on opening a free practice in the underserved rural inner city. I won't charge my patients at all and I'll spend 1 hour with each one making sure they get the best care possible.

You forgot to mention that along with seeing each patient for an hour, that you'll see at least 25 of these patients each day.

Reactions: 1 users
I was under the impression linemen had the shortest careers due to the strain of being in the trenches, i believe it was safeties that have the longest careers in the NFL. I may be wrong though just saying what ive heard from word of mouth

Edit: couldnt find any position info on linemen, but the average length of career for NFL players is 3.3 years but if you make a pro bowl appearance average goes to 11.7 years.

Average NFL career length | Statistic
Give me the medical school acceptance IMO
20 years is pushing it, but I'll take 10. Check this out though. Study from 2002 about average career lengths per position. O-line second to QBs (because K/P don't count IMO). Chance News 11.02

20 years is pushing it, but I'll take 10. Check this out though. Study from 2002 about average career lengths per position. O-line second to QBs (because K/P don't count IMO). Chance News 11.02

Holy crap did not expect that! 6 years of playing starting o-line pulling lets say 1mil a year, then go on to a nice collegiate o-line coaching position sounds like a solid career to me. Even better if you can snag a 2nd or 3rd string position pull 400-800k and avoid the risk of multiple concussions drastically decreasing your quality of life/years of life.

Def a tough lifestyle and very hard to make it there and maintain reason for a team to keep you for 10+ years. I give those guys mad props, im in my early 20's and already feel like my body is deteriorating .....lol

Members don't see this ad :)
im in my early 20's and already feel like my body is deteriorating .....lol

Don't sacrifice the health for school. Keep your routine going or pick up a new one. (I'm a big fan of Pavel Tsatouline's Simple and Sinister program. Knock out 20-25 minute sessions and grease the groove in other movements throughout the day. Stay young and STRONG!)

Don't sacrifice the health for school. Keep your routine going or pick up a new one. (I'm a big fan of Pavel Tsatouline's Simple and Sinister program. Knock out 20-25 minute sessions and grease the groove in other movements throughout the day. Stay young and STRONG!)
Go to the gym, find some heavy things, repeatedly pick them up and put them down until you've fatigued. Y'all don't need to buy programs.

(sounded fun to say, get whatever program suits you)

Oh I wont! I take my health quite seriously, my issue is a bit different. Dont max out as much as I used to, stay sore for longer, and much more frequent injuries from working out. Especially injuries i received from playing sports seem to act up every now and then.

Definitely a hobby i wont be giving up during med school, exercising is what keeps me sane during stressful times. Giving up that hour a day in my mind definitely is worth it due to helping combat stress and improving productivity IMO. But the semi-frequent shoulder, back, and hip injuries definitely make me feel older than I am. Probably just an issue with form and I should consider stopping the "ego-lifting" style lol.

But anyways sorry for going off topic with your thread OP, id probs still go with the med school acceptance over a super bowl MVP. Gotta do what you enjoy, and while i think football practice for hours on end and studying hours on end are too completely different hells (depending on who you ask) as of right now(havent even started med school yet so i may change my mind later on) i prefer my path

Oh I wont! I take my health quite seriously, my issue is a bit different. Dont max out as much as I used to, stay sore for longer, and much more frequent injuries from working out. Especially injuries i received from playing sports seem to act up every now and then.

Definitely a hobby i wont be giving up during med school, exercising is what keeps me sane during stressful times. Giving up that hour a day in my mind definitely is worth it due to helping combat stress and improving productivity IMO. But the semi-frequent shoulder, back, and hip injuries definitely make me feel older than I am. Probably just an issue with form and I should consider stopping the "ego-lifting" style lol.

But anyways sorry for going off topic with your thread OP, id probs still go with the med school acceptance over a super bowl MVP. Gotta do what you enjoy, and while i think football practice for hours on end and studying hours on end are too completely different hells (depending on who you ask) as of right now(havent even started med school yet so i may change my mind later on) i prefer my path

It's called getting older my friend. Get used to it lol

It's called getting older my friend. Get used to it lol

Haha its sad, ive peaked its all downhill from here. Ill be that guy talking about "back in my day" at 25

Why buy a Ferrari later when you can have it now?

Giselle didn't marry a med student...just sayin'

giselle.jpg

Hi all.
Just wondering, lets say you had the choice to get into a decent US medical school right out of college or win the Super Bowl and get named MVP in your rookie year (first year) as a Quarterback right out of college.
But there of course are no guarantees about the specialties you get into as a doctor or about the success/money you will have as a QB after that super bowl win.

As for me, I would go with medical school, of course a US one MD/DO regardless rather than win the SB MVP as a Rookie QB.

ROFL OP is a super nerd here.

Super Bowl MVP QB easily. Here're the reasons:

1) One Super Bowl MVP as a rookie will guaranteed me at least 50-60 millions in endorsements for the next 3-4 years
2) A guaranteed 120-140 mil/5 years contract from my current team w/ probably about 40-60 being guaranteed money
3) Endless sexual options

I'd pick med school no doubt. Just don't like being a star :p

Agreed :)

Best position in football is backup QB. Paid well, no risk of getting hurt , and everyone always loves you. I would chose this route also.
Yeah. Rather have the perks of a backup than the risks of a starting qb

Good thought

Lol funny

Superbowl MVP without a doubt.......there are over a million physicians in this nation. Now ask yourself how many Superbowl MVPs there are out there. I may be a bit biased though being that becoming a professional athlete was an ambition of mine when I was a child (that obviously died). The value of obtaining an medical degree is probably about 1/1000000 as great as being a Superbowl MVP. The larger question that I believe this post indirectly asks is whether being a professional athlete is comparable to being a physician. Becoming a professional athlete is absolutely a more prestigious, lucrative, and competitive field to get into. Not only that it is FAR more difficult (incomparably so) to become a major league athlete. I think one other poster put it well. (Almost) anyone can be come a physician if they have enough determination and work-ethic. The same cannot be said for becoming a professional athlete.

Last edited:
Superbowl QB... I have only one reason.

1) Free food (Not the crappy cafeteria kind)

Some people want crazy money, hot girls, etc... Meanwhile, I'm just tryna score a free meal lol.

Edit: This would be me as a professional player

Go to the gym, find some heavy things, repeatedly pick them up and put them down until you've fatigued. Y'all don't need to buy programs.

(sounded fun to say, get whatever program suits you)

It's not bought; the programs are easy to find online with plenty of resources. Just need kettle bells, a pull-up bar, dip-belt, and maybe a pair a rings. I have quite the quiver of bells (only up to a pair of 70 pounders but the 88 will be on its way soon) but enough to build some solid strength in the comfort of my own home. So no gym fees every month, no trip to the gym (time is tight in residency), and no waiting for benches, machines, whatever... plus no gym rat DBs to deal with. Just walk into my workout space and get $hit done. (Don't recommend working to fatigue either. Go heavier, 5-8 rep max son!).

Sorry for the tangent OP!!! Back to dreams of being the QB hero (or my dream of smashing heads in the trenches).

Super Bowl MVP for the money. Screw everything else.

Medicine is overrated, especially on here. Super Bowl mvp for me. Hell, if a magic genie could make me, let's say, a software engineer I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Reactions: 2 users
Medicine is overrated, especially on here. Super Bowl mvp for me. Hell, if a magic genie could make me, let's say, a software engineer I'd switch in a heartbeat.

How dare you say such things about the most noble profession on earth? We should be so privileged to do it for free. If you wish to switch then do so, as it's clear you will make a poor physician and healer of men.

The response you would get in pre-allo....