Worth it to retake physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BelieveItAchieveIt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated in 2014 with a BS in Business Management concentration in Finance. My cumulative GPA is around 3.5 and my prerequisite GPA is going to be around a 3.7. I've been working full time while finishing my prereqs and will be applying this summer. I'm wondering if it's worth it to retake physics..

AP 1 - A
AP 2 - A-
Bio 1- A
Bio 2 - A
Chem 1 - B+
Chem 2 - A
Physics 1 - B
Physics 2 - B
Stats - A
Gen Psych - A
Abnormal psych - A

The B's in physics really annoy me and hurt my chances. Is it worth it to retake physics 1 in the fall or just apply and hope for the best

Any advice would be appreciated .

Members don't see this ad.

Your pre-req GPA is already pretty good and some schools depending when they evaluate GPA's don't even look at in-progress courses when ranking you. I think your B's are fine since many of your other classes are A's. Physics I feel is a "take it and do well enough" so you don't have to take it again.

I really see no reason to waste your money retaking. Save it and put it towards the applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
your stats are fine, save your money on the physics classes and spend it on your GRE's get those suckers in the high 150's and you are golden

Reactions: 1 user
If you retake physics, you will have to apply to schools that utilize grade replacement in order to really get the benefit out of retaking those classes. Otherwise, those retakes will be averaged and your B's will become a grade between a B+ and A-.

Not worth it in my opinion. Your prereq GPA is stellar already. Save your money.