Worried!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aspiring4MD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to SDN.
I plan to take the MCAT in about 3 months. I took a practice FL, and got a 488, but my target score is a 508, so I am super worried about bringing it up in 3 months. Also, I currently attend a Big Ten PWI, and I plan to apply to HBCUs. *Hoping for an acceptance* How do I decide on going to an HBCU or a PWI?
Any advice on MCAT, med school, life, or anything is greatly appreciated!! Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't take a FL before I started studying but 3 months of dedicated study time is more than enough to get your score to where you want it to be. Just make sure you're doing plenty of practice problems and FL throughout and leave high yield material until the end. Visiting the MCAT subforum on SDN or r/MCAT on reddit will definitely help you craft a study plan. As for the HBCU vs PWI that is an entirely personal decision but is super far away. Focus on rocking your MCAT (assuming the rest of your app is good) and you can decide when you got those multiple acceptances.

Reactions: 1 users