Working Abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

filefsm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a college student in the US. I'm think about going to medical school in Ireland. If I get accepted and finish I don't want to come back to the US but work in Europe. However, I've heard that you need to be from a EU country to work in an EU country. Would I be able to do that? Can I do my residency in another country?

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently a college student in the US. I'm think about going to medical school in Ireland. If I get accepted and finish I don't want to come back to the US but work in Europe. However, I've heard that you need to be from a EU country to work in an EU country. Would I be able to do that? Can I do my residency in another country?

You might be able to do it in Ireland, i'm not too sure but so far everyone who has applied for an internship non-EU citizen has gotten one, but not sure if you can do your residency completely in Ireland.

You won't be able to go to the UK unless you do medical school in the UK or are an EU citizen. There are a few EU countries that would take you but you would need to speak their language. I know Germany has been accepted a number of Indian medical graduates.