Women's interview attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissMPharmD

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What stores did you look at locally to find a suit for your interview? Any tips for first time suit buyers? How does tayloring work/cost? I'm a bit top heavy so I'll definitely need it.

Members don't see this ad.

What stores did you look at locally to find a suit for your interview? Any tips for first time suit buyers? How does tayloring work/cost? I'm a bit top heavy so I'll definitely need it.
Greetings,

I would say JCPenny's. I bought a suit there for not much (you can ask someone to help you with the funds, if necessary). I would also suggest buying navy blue or a nice gray shade (black is nice too, but you could look like you're attending a funeral if you are not careful). A skirt and a blazer gives a conservative look, while the pants and jacket give a classic business look. Everything is up to you, of course.

Tailoring at a dry cleaner usually can get the job done, but try to find a suit that fits, that way you can save some money in that department. But if necessary, you can go to a dry cleaners!

I hope this helped you, comrade.

Good luck! :)

would a different color pant suit be ok.. (rather than the stock black or navy)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I bought a very nice suit (pants and jacket) at Express. They sell them as separates, which is good if you are larger at the top or bottom. If you do need alterations, call any local dress shop (prom or wedding) in your community and ask to speak to the person who does their alterations. All of those ladies at our local shops will do alterations of suits, etc. on the side, espcially if when it is not prom season. I usually have to get the arm length altered in fitted jackets and those ladies have given me their cell phone numbers.