Withdrawals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bennytry21

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I recently read and article about withdraws on your transcript hurting your chances of getting into Vet school. I habe 6 Ws on my transcript and I was just wondering of I should even bother going for Vet school anymore. Because I feel like they will see that and deny me right away

Sent from my SM-G920P using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried searching this forum? There have been many threads not the topic of withdrawals before. This post explains how to search here: How to search for topics BEFORE starting a new thread

As for whether you should apply or not, that really depends on many other factors. Try posting in this thread: What are my chances? Post your stats and see what people say about your chances and how you can improve your application.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, so I recently read and article about withdraws on your transcript hurting your chances of getting into Vet school. I habe 6 Ws on my transcript and I was just wondering of I should even bother going for Vet school anymore. Because I feel like they will see that and deny me right away

Sent from my SM-G920P using SDN mobile
It really depends on the reason you withdrew from those classes, and like TrashPanda said, the rest of your application. If you withdrew from an entire semester of classes for personal reasons but have been doing well since then, that would probably look better to admissions than if the W's are scattered across multiple semesters just because you weren't doing well in those classes. There's an optional explanation statement on VMCAS where you could explain your reasons for withdrawing from those classes.

Reactions: 1 user