Program-Specific Info / Q's wisconsin madison

• Thread starter occupational therapy
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
O

occupational therapy

did anybody else get an email today saying they are still under consideration for the OT program? The subject said "admission progress report, my name, and 'Hold.'" Does this mean waitlist, or is it just a generic update email? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

did anybody else get an email today saying they are still under consideration for the OT program? The subject said "admission progress report, my name, and 'Hold.'" Does this mean waitlist, or is it just a generic update email? Thanks!
When did you apply to Madison? I have not received an email, but I did see on the grad school app that they had sent my information to the OT admissions committee on Dec 6th. Hoping to hear something soon

I applied on oct 21, I think. the email was pretty vague lol idk what to make of it.
good luck to you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied but early in November and did not receive anything as of yet, maybe they are looking at the APPs in batches from earliest and so forth.

When did you apply to Madison? I have not received an email, but I did see on the grad school app that they had sent my information to the OT admissions committee on Dec 6th. Hoping to hear something soon

Where did you see on MyUW where and when they sent your info to the OT committee?

Where did you see on MyUW where and when they sent your info to the OT committee?
When you login and go into your grad app along the side is all the checks of what information they have and some have notes underneath it

Has anyone heard anything from Madison recently? Waiting is truly the worst part of this process!!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how big the applicant pool is this year?

Wow what a long wait!! Must be lots of applicants this year

Just got my acceptance today (1/18)!

Me too! I definitely want to learn more about the program. Had anyone visited campus or been a student there?
I'm based in Chicago, so I'll be making an impromptu trip there this weekend to check it out for the first time! I've heard nothing but amazing things about Madison. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still waiting to hear back from Madison. When did you hear today? And by email? And I just graduated from Madison and it is incredible. The OT professors are awesome and I really like the curriculum and the set up.

I am still waiting to hear back from Madison. When did you hear today? And by email? And I just graduated from Madison and it is incredible. The OT professors are awesome and I really like the curriculum and the set up.
I received the email at 10:58 AM this morning. Can you tell me more about what you like about the curriculum?

I like that the curriculum builds upon each class. I also enjoy the research factors of the course. If you are interested in research this is a great school.

Me too! I definitely want to learn more about the program. Had anyone visited campus or been a student there?
Could you guys post your stats and when you applied?? It's my top choice and I'm really hoping to hear from them!

Could you guys post your stats and when you applied?? It's my top choice and I'm really hoping to hear from them!
I applied early October and had everything confirmed as recieved by them by midway through October. Idk all my stats, but a 4.0 pre-reqs, lower overall GPA. GRE quantitative 149, qualitative 161 and writing 5.5. Lots of work experience with adults and children with disabilities in a few different settings and about 35-40 hrs of actual OT observations. I did get a recommendation from an OT and I think that really makes a difference. I will actually be declining my spot (got in elsewhere) so there will be one more available! Sending good vibes to everyone waiting to hear- it's the worst part!

I applied early October and had everything confirmed as recieved by them by midway through October. Idk all my stats, but a 4.0 pre-reqs, lower overall GPA. GRE quantitative 149, qualitative 161 and writing 5.5. Lots of work experience with adults and children with disabilities in a few different settings and about 35-40 hrs of actual OT observations. I did get a recommendation from an OT and I think that really makes a difference. I will actually be declining my spot (got in elsewhere) so there will be one more available! Sending good vibes to everyone waiting to hear- it's the worst part!
Thanks for your reply! I have really similar stats, observation, and and OT recommendation but I applied a bit later so hopefully I might get in a bit later! Congrats on your other acceptance too! :)

For those of you who were accepted in Madison, did they update your status in the MyUW grad application?

For those of you who were accepted in Madison, did they update your status in the MyUW grad application?
I actually didn't create a MyUW account until just now. After creating it, it says my status is "Pending" even though I was e-mailed an acceptance. It may have to do with the OT department awaiting approval from the grad school admissions on their selections.

I actually didn't create a MyUW account until just now. After creating it, it says my status is "Pending" even though I was e-mailed an acceptance. It may have to do with the OT department awaiting approval from the grad school admissions on their selections.

Thanks, OTjourney! Are you planning on attending or waiting to hear back from other schools first? Also, did they state how much their deposit would be and when you need to let them know by?

APP STATUS:
Submission 9/27/16
Verified 10/13/16
Accepted 1/18/17

GRE:
Verbal 153
Quant 154
Writing 4.0

GPA:
Overall 3.2

HOURS:
~80 hours combined (acute setting and two outpatient settings)

EXPERIENCE:
1 year undergrad research assistant; currently working full-time at a major metropolitan hospital conducting research.
Volunteered at an outpatient OT clinic; interned for community-based setting working with kids with Autism; volunteered for summer sports camp for kids with disabilities.

Thanks, OTjourney! Are you planning on attending or waiting to hear back from other schools first? Also, did they state how much their deposit would be and when you need to let them know by?
It's strange, but I didn't see anything about a deposit! I was a little confused about that (maybe another fellow acceptee can vouch for this?). All they asked for were to send official transcripts and to mail a letter of intent to them accepting admission into the program. This letter must be received by Feb. 9th.

I am strongly considering accepting!

It's strange, but I didn't see anything about a deposit! I was a little confused about that (maybe another fellow acceptee can vouch for this?). All they asked for were to send official transcripts and to mail a letter of intent to them accepting admission into the program. This letter must be received by Feb. 9th.

I am strongly considering accepting!

If they're not asking for a deposit, definitely accept!

There is not deposit for Madison!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my acceptance today (1/18)!
Hi! I'm waiting to hear back from the MSOT program. Is this the program you've applied to? Or are you referring to the DOT program? My husband just sent me the link and I'm a little confused. Also, if the MSOT program, are you "instate" or "out of state"? Thanks!!! And Congrats!!! Madison is my first choice and I'm hoping to hear good new, too!

Hi! I'm waiting to hear back from the MSOT program. Is this the program you've applied to? Or are you referring to the DOT program? My husband just sent me the link and I'm a little confused. Also, if the MSOT program, are you "instate" or "out of state"? Thanks!!! And Congrats!!! Madison is my first choice and I'm hoping to hear good new, too!
MSOT and out-of-state. I'm not sure if there's a reciprocity program for Madison and Illinois that will allow me to pay resident tuition.

Thanks and good luck to you!

It sounds like Madison has sent out a round of acceptances- has anyone received a decline at this point?

It sounds like Madison has sent out a round of acceptances- has anyone received a decline at this point?
I'm still waiting to hear. My status on their portal says "pending" still. No communication from them since I've submitted. If you read above, it one person has been accepted, and they're supposed to return their statement of intent and transcripts by Feb 9. Please let me know if you hear anything! Is Madison your first choice? It's mine.

I'm still waiting to hear. My status on their portal says "pending" still. No communication from them since I've submitted. If you read above, it one person has been accepted, and they're supposed to return their statement of intent and transcripts by Feb 9. Please let me know if you hear anything! Is Madison your first choice? It's mine.

I will definitely keep you posted! And vice versa please! I am in Chicago, so UIC is my first choice, but if I were to get in to UW Madison I would strongly consider going there instead because I have strong ties to Madison. Ugh so sick of waiting...

This school is very hard to get into since it's a state school. Good luck!

Has anyone gotten rejected from UW Madison??

Did anyone get an email from the registrar regarding in/out of state tuition status? Any other news?

Did anyone get an email from the registrar regarding in/out of state tuition status? Any other news?
I got a call from the registrar to give a bit more information about my residency status. I grew up in Wisconsin and my parents both live there so I might still qualify for instate. But that's all I've heard so far. Don't know if its positive or just routine. Sigh. Waiting sucks.

I got a call from the registrar to give a bit more information about my residency status. I grew up in Wisconsin and my parents both live there so I might still qualify for instate. But that's all I've heard so far. Don't know if its positive or just routine. Sigh. Waiting sucks.

I got this inquiry re residency status for assessing tuition (via email) today. It's hard not to apply some meaning to it, although it's prob a routine thing they send all applicants...

I got this inquiry re residency status for assessing tuition (via email) today. It's hard not to apply some meaning to it, although it's prob a routine thing they send all applicants...
Yeah, the guy I spoke with said they were behind with paperwork and just getting a lot of this finalized now. I'm not sure it means anything positive but hey, it's not a negative either! I officially am considered an instate student now, so I'm just sitting here with all my fingers and toes crossed. I really wish they did interviews.

I was admitted last week but will be denying because of out of state tuition costs. Best of luck!!

I was admitted last week but will be denying because of out of state tuition costs. Best of luck!!
Would you be willing to share your background/stats for admittance, please? I am a COTA and checked my portal yesterday, and was denied acceptance. I'm still waiting to hear from one other school but will try again for Madison next year if not accepted at CSU. I didn't get an email yet, but my portal says no. :( Good luck to everyone else!!!!

Would you be willing to share your background/stats for admittance, please? I am a COTA and checked my portal yesterday, and was denied acceptance. I'm still waiting to hear from one other school but will try again for Madison next year if not accepted at CSU. I didn't get an email yet, but my portal says no. :( Good luck to everyone else!!!!
So sorry to hear! Where does it say that in your portal? Madison is a difficult school to get into!!

Hello All!
Has anyone heard anything else from Madison? My status still says pending and haven't gotten an email at all.

Hello All!
Has anyone heard anything else from Madison? My status still says pending and haven't gotten an email at all.
Hey mstacey, I'm not sure if your status will change even if they notified you. I was accepted back on 1/18 and my status also says pending still.

Hello All!
I'm still waiting too..... waiting is the worst part! From reading the forum above it looks like we will find out by March?

Yes, waiting is absolutely horrible! i was curious because KE_COTA mentioned that her status updated. There is still hope for us! Thanks!!

I was accepted today 2/13!!! so they may be sending out another round in the next few weeks! Good luck!

I was accepted today 2/13!!! so they may be sending out another round in the next few weeks! Good luck!
CONGRATS!! That is so exciting :) Did they send your acceptance through email or regular mail??

CONGRATS!! That is so exciting :) Did they send your acceptance through email or regular mail??
They sent me an email and in the email said that a paper copy was on its way to me as well. I have until March 3rd to return it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I was denied from Madison today. Good luck to everyone!!!