Wisconsin Audiology? I'm nervous I wont get in..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jezzielee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am beginning my process of gathering materials to apply to my selected grad schools, but my top pick is U of Wisconsin, my gpa is around 3.1 and I take the GRE's end of this month (been studying my butt off), tons of observation hours and (hopefully) great letters of rec coming. I'm terrified I wont get accepted and I'd like some honest opinions on if I even have a chance! thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So I am beginning my process of gathering materials to apply to my selected grad schools, but my top pick is U of Wisconsin, my gpa is around 3.1 and I take the GRE's end of this month (been studying my butt off), tons of observation hours and (hopefully) great letters of rec coming. I'm terrified I wont get accepted and I'd like some honest opinions on if I even have a chance! thanks!

I agree with violetpetals. If you get in, that's fantastic, but if you don't, it really is not the end of the world. You will get in somewhere! If you want to have a better idea about if you could get into University of Wisconsin, use the search feature in the forum to look at past posts. There will likely be someone who has posted at least some of their stats who got into that program.

Don't give up! U of Wisconsin is a state school therefore they won't be as tough to get into as more private schools which might be more selective and have a smaller number of applicants per year. UW-Madison is a great school! I went there to tour the Speech program before I decided to go the Audiology route. I will be touring there this summer. Also, keep in mind that you are not your grades. They will be looking at the whole package, not just your GPA or GRE scores. They want people who are passionate about the field and who have something to contribute to the university. It sounds like you're already on the right track. Good luck!