Program-Specific Info / Q's Winston Salem State OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bulldognation

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I am wondering if there are any alum of the Winston Salem State OT program or current students that could tell me a little more about the program? Things you liked or did not like?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I am wondering if there are any alum of the Winston Salem State OT program or current students that could tell me a little more about the program? Things you liked or did not like?
Thanks!
Did you apply this cycle and if you did, have you heard from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back today, I got accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
If you were accepted can you share your stats and tell me about the process ? - also do they accept MAT in place of a GRE ?

If you were accepted can you share your stats and tell me about the process ? - also do they accept MAT in place of a GRE ?
I'm attending this fall and my stats are as follows:

Major: Exercise Science
Concentration: Health and Wellness
Minor: Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.968
Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE: 153 V, 152 Q, 5.0 W

Volunteer/Observation Hours: 100 in outpatient, school system, and geriatrics/pain management

Extra curricular: Sorority member, student worker for Registrar's office for 3 years, student worker for campus engagement for 2 years, SGA senator for Psychology Honor Society, Order of Omega Honor Society member, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society member, National Society of Leadership and Success member, Junior Marshal for 2015-2016, volunteer for Special Olympics, scholarship winner for 3 organizations, Panhellenic Delegate for sorority, on two committees for sorority

I was waitlisted for a week by WSSU in March and then got a spot that I accepted. Others found out their acceptances early/mid March I believe. No interview, just OTCAS application stats and essays. I think they only accept the GRE but they only look at your writing score.

I'm attending this fall and my stats are as follows:

Major: Exercise Science
Concentration: Health and Wellness
Minor: Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.968
Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE: 153 V, 152 Q, 5.0 W

Volunteer/Observation Hours: 100 in outpatient, school system, and geriatrics/pain management

Extra curricular: Sorority member, student worker for Registrar's office for 3 years, student worker for campus engagement for 2 years, SGA senator for Psychology Honor Society, Order of Omega Honor Society member, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society member, National Society of Leadership and Success member, Junior Marshal for 2015-2016, volunteer for Special Olympics, scholarship winner for 3 organizations, Panhellenic Delegate for sorority, on two committees for sorority

I was waitlisted for a week by WSSU in March and then got a spot that I accepted. Others found out their acceptances early/mid March I believe. No interview, just OTCAS application stats and essays. I think they only accept the GRE but they only look at your writing score.

so basically they only focus on the writing score ? Because I am a bad test taker and you have great stats .. mine aren't as stellar so I'm praying that they still consider my application because I really want to go to that program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so basically they only focus on the writing score ? Because I am a bad test taker and you have great stats .. mine aren't as stellar so I'm praying that they still consider my application because I really want to go to that program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know people who got in with lower stats than mine. They really focus on extra curriculars, volunteering, and your essays. But yes they only look at your writing score for the GRE so maybe if WSSU is your main school then focus on that part of the test? I'm sure you have more of a chance than you think!!