Wingate DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sfh9976

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I'm planning on applying to Wingate once I finish up my remaining prerequisites this fall. I was hoping to get an idea of who else out there is planning on applying to Wingate for class starting Jan. 2018. Get an idea of how my stats stack up and any information about the application process we can share with one another to help out.

-Shane

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Shane,

Wingate is on my list of list of schools as well. I haven't submitted my application through PTCAS yet though. I still have a couple more tasks to complete before I can submit. Thanks for starting this thread, hopefully more people will post...it'll be good to share information throughout the process. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply TraySee! What others schools are you applying to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply TraySee! What others schools are you applying to?

I have 7 schools on my list...
  1. Wingate University
  2. Winston Salem State University
  3. Duke University
  4. Arcadia University
  5. Alvernia University
  6. Walsh University
  7. University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Wort
I'm trying to have my app submitted in PTCAS by late July or early August, I still have to take the GRE. I'm hoping to get accepted to at least 1 of these schools, being a non-traditional student making a career change has me a bit nervous though.

I was accepted to Wingate this past cycle and will be starting in January! If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to answer!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a non-traditional student as well Traysee. I'm hoping it will be an advantage for us!

Hey OH-IO,

Is there anything that you did that made your application stand out? I'm a little nervous that they do not interview as part of their application process and I didn't qualify for their early decision.

Thank you!

I'm a non-traditional student as well Traysee. I'm hoping it will be an advantage for us!

Hey OH-IO,

Is there anything that you did that made your application stand out? I'm a little nervous that they do not interview as part of their application process and I didn't qualify for their early decision.

Thank you!

They definitely accept people from all backgrounds so don't worry about being non-traditional! Since Wingate doesn't interview their applicants it would be in your best interest to apply as early as possible! Don't wait around until the May deadline. As far as my application goes, I felt that my stats were fairly average so I made sure to take extra time on my essays to help stand out that way. I also had some research experience which probably helped me out as well. Wingate offers open houses once a month I believe, so you could always attend one of those to talk with the faculty and introduce yourself!

So...I did not realize that the DPT program at Wingate is not accredited yet, just curious does that make you hesitant about applying at all?

Yeah, it definitely is concerning. However, I'm hopeful they will get accredited before my decision needs to be made.

The program should be accredited by this December once the first class of students graduates!

So...I did not realize that the DPT program at Wingate is not accredited yet, just curious does that make you hesitant about applying at all?

It should be given some thought, but it's not all that concerning. No program has been turned down after being granted candidacy for accreditation, and the founding director at Wingate also was the founding director for Lynchburg's program

Thanks for the replies...I still plan to apply, I really like the looks of the program. Hopefully they are accredited once the first class graduates, like OH-IO suggested in her post.

Hey guys! I'm also planning to apply to Wingate for January 2018 :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey jag114! Fellow OSU alum here :) I just sent in my application for Wingate this morning and was wondering if anyone has heard back from them yet. If so, how long did it take?

Hey jag114! Fellow OSU alum here :) I just sent in my application for Wingate this morning and was wondering if anyone has heard back from them yet. If so, how long did it take?
Hey! I actually just got accepted to the program this afternoon! I was a little late posting to this forum haha but I applied on 8/28 so it took a little more than a month for them to let me know. Best of luck to you!

Congrats jag114! Is Wingate your #1 choice? I'm looking forward to turning in my application in December! Still finishing up a few prerequisites.

Congrats jag114! Is Wingate your #1 choice? I'm looking forward to turning in my application in December! Still finishing up a few prerequisites.
Thank you! I think University of Cincinnati is my first choice for now but I haven't visited Wingate yet so that could change! I'm planning to go to the visit day on the 22nd :) Good luck!

Hey! I actually just got accepted to the program this afternoon! I was a little late posting to this forum haha but I applied on 8/28 so it took a little more than a month for them to let me know. Best of luck to you!

Congrats on the acceptance! I am about to apply aswell. Under the school specific questions about Why you have chosen Wingate for your education, how much did you write about this? The question gives you a character limit of 4500 characters, which seems like a lot given the question. Did you use most of the characters provided?

Congrats on the acceptance! I am about to apply aswell. Under the school specific questions about Why you have chosen Wingate for your education, how much did you write about this? The question gives you a character limit of 4500 characters, which seems like a lot given the question. Did you use most of the characters provided?
Nope! My response was around 1600 characters.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all, just wanted to give an update...I received an acceptance call from Wingate University today!

9/14 - Application received
10/12 - Application in review
10/18 - Acceptance call

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all, just wanted to give an update...I received an acceptance call from Wingate University today!

10/18 - Acceptance call
Congrats! I recieved an email that my application was received on 10/12. Guess I shouldn't expect an email about my application being reviewed for another month or so.

Congrats! I recieved an email that my application was received on 10/12. Guess I shouldn't expect an email about my application being reviewed for another month or so.

Yeah, that seems to be what the time frame is...Good luck, hopefully you'll get an offer!

10/18 - Acceptance call

Mind sharing your stats? and did you apply ED?

Mind sharing your stats? and did you apply ED?

Hi @sjk2016, I don't think Wingate has an official early decision program. They do have rolling admissions though, so the sooner you apply the better.

My stats are as follows...

University: North Carolina A&T (c/o 2005), completed remaining pre-req courses at Delaware County Community College
Major: Computer Science
Overall GPA: 3.25 (calculated by PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.45 (calculated by PTCAS)
GRE: 150 (Verbal), 153 (Quantitative), 3.5 (Writing)

Extra-Curricular: AAU Basketball Coach, Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Strength Coach, CPR Certified, Various School Outreach programs, Committee Member for Strides Against Breast Cancer

Observation Hours: 40 hours (outpatient ortho), 10 hours (pediatric), 10 hours (inpatient neuro)

Applied To:
Wingate, Winston Salem State, University of South Carolina, Walsh, Nova Southeastern (Tampa), University of North Texas Health Science Center.

Acceptances: Wingate University

Rejections: none yet

Interviews: none yet

Great!!! thank you very very much

It was awesome! It seemed like a nice area and the faculty, staff, and students were very helpful and friendly :thumbup:
Glad you enjoyed your visit! Would love to see some more OSU fans join the Wingate family!

Hey everyone! I received an acceptance call from Wingate this afternoon! So happy and relieved :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! I received an acceptance call from Wingate this afternoon! So happy and relieved :)
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats and the date of your application submission? I am still waiting to hear back!

Just got the acceptance call! So excited!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you! Sure.

CGPA- 3.48
PGPA-3.90
GRE- V-154 Q-151 AW-4.0

I was accepted to Wingate this past cycle and will be starting in January! If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to answer!
What were your stats if you don't mind sharing!

Received another follow up status email, this wait is killing me!!!