MCAT Win 3 months access to 2 full-length MCAT practice tests!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are excited to participate again in SDN's annual Test Prep Week.

We will be offering 3 months access to 2 Gold Standard MCAT Practice Tests:
  • 2 full-length MCAT practice tests with helpful explanations
  • Multiple choice questions for all the sections of the MCAT exam
  • Unlimited single-user submissions
  • Bonus: Abbreviated exam GS-Free
1 winner will be chosen from amongst those who ask questions about our product or otherwise contribute meaningfully to the thread.

Post your comments anytime between April 25th - 29th.

Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello. Do the practice exams include explanations for the answers? Thanks

How have the questions been compiled? What are the improvement rates of people who use your materials? How close of an indicator are these practice tests?

Members don't see this ad :)
How have the questions been compiled? What are the improvement rates of people who use your materials? How close of an indicator are these practice tests?
Hello,

We base the diversity of GS questions on:
1) the AAMC's published AVERAGE percentages;
2) hundreds of student experiences with the real exam which are also publicly available (Google).

Student experiences have taught us that there are a wide range of proportions of science questions on the real exam. Students have experienced a disproportionately high representation of science questions from this section or the other, while other students have experienced that there were almost no questions in one subsection or the other (except, of course, for Biology and Biochemistry). Our objective is simple: to replicate the level of reasoning required for the real exam so that no matter what the proportion of the various questions occur on your particular test (as opposed to the average), you will feel well prepared if you covered your practice exam experiences completely.

No one practice test can perfectly replicate the experience of the real MCAT. Many practice tests, if complete according to schedule and well reviewed thereafter, can ensure that you are very well prepared despite the imperfections that any one test may have.

The data for the new MCAT is not available at this time. If you would like to browse the experiences of many students over the years, the following may interest you: GS TESTS VS REAL AAMC

Hey,

in regards to the practice exams, will it tell you what areas you have to review. I heard kaplan tells you what areas you need to review at the end of each exam.

also could you explain what is meant by "Bonus: Abbreviated exam GS-Free."

Thanks

Also online (again I am looking at the cheapest option), it says that you can get an exam for 20/month. Does that mean that you can pick which exam you want (G1 or G2 or G3 or G4) or it is G1 only.
Can I buy access to 1 exam 1 month and another exam another.

Or is still smarter to know when I am in the practice exam mode Phase 3 of my studying , and buy the 3 exams for $50. I can cancel my subscription after that month, right? That way each exam is just $17. That is CRAZY.

Also online (again I am looking at the cheapest option), it says that you can get an exam for 20/month. Does that mean that you can pick which exam you want (G1 or G2 or G3 or G4) or it is G1 only.
Can I buy access to 1 exam 1 month and another exam another.

Or is still smarter to know when I am in the practice exam mode Phase 3 of my studying , and buy the 3 exams for $50. I can cancel my subscription after that month, right? That way each exam is just $17. That is CRAZY.
Hi!

The 20/month option gives you access to the GS-1 exam only. "Can I buy access to 1 exam 1 month and another exam another." - Unfortunately, that is not how it works. If you need to practice with more exams, the better option would be choosing the one you already mentioned: "and buy the 3 exams for $50". You can cancel the subscription before the next month's payment is due and that way you will have 1 month access to 3 exams for $50, yes :)

Hey,

in regards to the practice exams, will it tell you what areas you have to review. I heard kaplan tells you what areas you need to review at the end of each exam.

also could you explain what is meant by "Bonus: Abbreviated exam GS-Free."

Thanks
Hi!

While we do not have that function, when you are reviewing your exam attempt, our explanations far outmatch any of our competitors because we really explore complex reasoning step by step so that you can apply that logic to many other MCAT questions (not just questions based on the same content). Our explanations often include related videos for further understanding, textbook references for additional review and there is also an option to join a discussion about that particular problem (yes, we have over 1000 chat areas, one for each explanation in the exam window itself). Put it frankly, we don't just provide short explanations and leave you to digest it. We want you to grasp the reasoning behind the answers and teach you to apply your science, CARS, or Psych/Soc concept knowledge to solve other problems as well. We narrow the path for you so you don't have to go through tons of materials and books. Yes, there is such a thing as studying too much! The Gold Standard practice tests only teach you what is needed on the exam. Nothing more, nothing less.

"also could you explain what is meant by "Bonus: Abbreviated exam GS-Free." - That means that we added a free sample test to those 2 full-length practice tests! :)

Thank you all for participating in SDN's annual Test Prep Week!

The winner of the Gold Standard MCAT practice tests is AlphaBeta<3 :clap:

Please, pm us your email address so we can set-up your online MCAT account. Congratulations!

P.s. Feel free to share your thoughts on the product with us. We appreciate all comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.