Willing to SHARE my AMCAS App!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koolkid596243

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just finished applying last cycle and am matriculating this upcoming August. My AMCAS app means VERY little to me now, but I know that it can benefit many of you who might be struggling to write it. So, if you want a copy of my app (with personal information blanked, of course), please shoot me a message with your email (edu, preferably!), and I'll send it to you! Hope my experience helps all of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I know OP is trying to be helpful, but is it ethical? And if so, does it really help those who already submitted?

Reactions: 1 users
I know OP is trying to be helpful, but is it ethical? And if so, does it really help those who already submitted?

Seems pretty ethical to me. It might be helpful for people to see the way OP phrased things. When I applied, I looked at a bunch of people's personal statements for inspiration. This doesn't seem different to me.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems pretty ethical to me. It might be helpful for people to see the way OP phrased things. When I applied, I looked at a bunch of people's personal statements for inspiration. This doesn't seem different to me.
Thanks Tantacles! Yes, my intention isn't to carve out someone's application, but I have heard questions from individuals about how to write something about research in 700 characters? How exactly do you go about formatting classes and such? Questions like these can be answered with a quick glimpse of any person's app!

Plus, not everyone has a network where they have friends in medicine already. So, for those people, I want to reach out and offer them help since we all know how scary of a process applying can be!

Reactions: 4 users
This sounds very helpful - I would have loved to be able to read more real samples when completing mine. I don't think it's unethical to share with other applicants what will be read by hundreds of screeners/adcoms and I don't think that anywhere in AMCAS does it say you cant share your writing.

Good on you OP for being willing to share something so personal!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks OP for the willingness to share. It will definitely help guide me to a better formatting on my application (especially with my research experiences/pubs/presentations).

Can you share your secondaries too?

I'm kidding.

LOL, this is great. I also tried to respond to everyone who reached out to me! Slowly making my way through the requests! Please try to message me and give me an EDU account, if possible. I'd like to ensure that everyone I'm sending it to is a student! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you send me a copy please? Thanks so much! :)
Unfortunately, just asking on this thread isn't the best way for me to give you the app! Please message me with your EDU address, and I'll send it over! It's a hefty PDF, so that'll be the best way to send.

Honestly sounds like a horrible idea. Someone can plagiarize it and ruin your life.

@Kingsmen2018 He sent me a copy and it has everything that could be plagiarized redacted. It was just extremely helpful to see his ECs, grades, and a list of schools that he felt he was competitive at given those stats.

Honestly sounds like a horrible idea. Someone can plagiarize it and ruin your life.
There's a written record of OP offering to share it and schools have copies of his application which would be clearly dated months to years ahead of any potential plagiarist's application. Even if the info weren't redacted as @rxrd reports, it's hard to see how anyone could ruin someone else's life with the info in a matriculant's AMCAS app.

LOL this is such a pessimistic view of people. I prefer to see it more as: "someone can use it to benefit themselves this cycle." There's really nothing on there to plagiarize. I have different experiences from everyone and I think students have just benefitted from seeing the overall format of the app and how to go about describing specific types of activities (research, volunteering, etc.)

Hello! I sent you a PM as well. Looking forward to your response :)

OP is low key the GOAT. We appreciate you brotha!

Koolkid, thank you so much for doing this. Your app looks very impressive. Congratulations on your success.

Koolkid, thank you so much for doing this. Your app looks very impressive. Congratulations on your success.

Thanks ShyGuy. I'm glad you found it helpful to look at. The entire medical school application process is a black box if you're applying for the first time, and for that reason, I always wanted to see an app before I applied. Hopefully, this is providing a bit more transparency in the process :)

Does the pdf let us view the personal statement and most meaningfuls as well or has that also been redacted?

Hi all,

I just finished applying last cycle and am matriculating this upcoming August. My AMCAS app means VERY little to me now, but I know that it can benefit many of you who might be struggling to write it. So, if you want a copy of my app (with personal information blanked, of course), please shoot me a message with your email (edu, preferably!), and I'll send it to you! Hope my experience helps all of you!
sent you a pm, thank you for your help.

Hi all,

Last edited:
Thank you so much, man! It is a lot less daunting now that I at least know what the app looks like.

Can you please send me a copy. I sent you a PM. Thanks so much for being so helpful!

Just make an MDApplicants profile. This is what the site was made for

Would you be open to providing me a copy to use as a sample/reference for students that I mentor? My own app's ECs/PS and such are a bit too specific & identifiable for me to comfortably disseminate.

Would you be open to providing me a copy to use as a sample/reference for students that I mentor? My own app's ECs/PS and such are a bit too specific & identifiable for me to comfortably disseminate.
Can your students reach out to me directly? Or if you give me their email, I can send it to them and CC you. Let me know :)

Can your students reach out to me directly? Or if you give me their email, I can send it to them and CC you. Let me know :)
Haha sure no problem. I'll just pass your SDN name along, most of 'em are on here anyways.