Will Parking Ticket Affect Going to MedSchool?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Kidd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got a parking ticket right in front of my house. Have been studying for MCAT without going outside of the house. In Baltimore, if you park in the same spot for over 48hrs, the neighbour will report you and the cop will chalk your tire. Should I repeal? I just moved to Baltimore and I don't know about this hidden rule (no sign or what so ever on the street side).

Thank you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

I actually interviewed at Princeton but once they found out about that time I jaywalked, I was finished.

OP, no.

Reactions: 12 users
I wouldn't let a doc with a parking ticket touch me with a ten-foot pole

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Side note: go outside and take breaks when studying for the MCAT. It's good for you. Or don't. Your score doesn't really matter after that parking ticket.

Reactions: 11 users
You can kiss that M.D goodbye.

Reactions: 8 users
If so, nobody living in LA or SF would ever become doctors. I've got a couple dozen to my name

Reactions: 4 users
A parking ticket?! You menace to society. It's all over

Reactions: 6 users
There are thousands of qualified applicants each year who abide by traffic and parking laws, why would you even get a second look?

Relax...this is the kind of paranoia that breeds medical students who talk like novelists at bars.

Reactions: 4 users
Just be sure to pay the ticket and pay it on time. A parking ticket is nothing, a bench warrant for failure to pay it isn't.

Reactions: 1 users
Nope.
srb5k.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
How is this even a real question?

Reactions: 2 users
Because some people are worried and don't have the information they need. People come her for information to alleviate their fears. Sort of like going to the doctor.

I typically take this approach and your response was much more charitable than mine (and others). But, I was truly incredulous reading the question. I mean, a parking ticket is one of the most trivial interactions with the legal system that one can have.

Haha thank you guys yall far too kind

Reactions: 1 user
I typically take this approach and your response was much more charitable than mine (and others). But, I was truly incredulous reading the question. I mean, a parking ticket is one of the most trivial interactions with the legal system that one can have.
My mother always said, "consider the source." If you look at a post history and see an international student or someone who is high strung, you might want to approach a post differently than you would if it were from someone who is always kidding around.

Reactions: 3 users
You can kiss medical school goodbye. How will can you treat patients with care and compassion if you don't even care about where you park or consider how much traffic your car is impeding. This will be a permanent record and you will have to disclose it on your application. Don't even think of applying to medical school. Rather, apply to traffic school. You'll get in immediately.

My mother always said, "consider the source." If you look at a post history and see an international student or someone who is high strung, you might want to approach a post differently than you would if it were from someone who is always kidding around.
I like that a lot. I'm going to start using it.

No. And take two of these:

UPJ00940.jpg

Just got a parking ticket right in front of my house. Have been studying for MCAT without going outside of the house. In Baltimore, if you park in the same spot for over 48hrs, the neighbour will report you and the cop will chalk your tire. Should I repeal? I just moved to Baltimore and I don't know about this hidden rule (no sign or what so ever on the street side).

Thank you guys!

Reactions: 7 users

Thank you guys!
It's scary that someone like you is actually going to apply to med school. You SHOULD NOT go to med school just for creating this thread.

Sent from my SM-G935P using SDN mobile

This screams a adolescent that has been coddled by their mother and father and hasn't experienced life yet...

Let me guess, cell phone at 8 years old, car at 16, paid for you to attend a private school, and pay for medical school.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you guys!
If there really is no signage you should be able to get that ticket thrown out right?

This screams a adolescent that has been coddled by their mother and father and hasn't experienced life yet...

Let me guess, cell phone at 8 years old, car at 16, paid for you to attend a private school, and pay for medical school.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just moved to the united states not too long ago, in different countries (even states) minor traffic violation could be misdemeanor or not. Plus I am very cautious so I have a very clean record. I don't know what point you are trying to prove. Absurdly assumptive and salty. Should you be a doctor you'll be the one people are trying to avoid, you'll certainly have very similar attitude toward your patient when you know nothing about them, let alone people around you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
It's scary that someone like you is actually going to apply to med school. You SHOULD NOT go to med school just for creating this thread.

LOL be nice, I did my research but I still like to make sure, nothing wrong with being cautious right? Why people working in Pharma so cynical lmao, cuz they pay you too little?

Reactions: 5 users
LOL be nice, I did my research but I still like to make sure, nothing wrong with being cautious right? Why people working in Pharma so cynical lmao, cuz they pay you too little?
savage

:corny::claps::wow:

where are the mods?? close the thread, the question has been answered and it's allowing ppl to post more sarcastic (funny) responses and OP is getting all riled up and insulting pharmacists hahah

No. And take two of these:

UPJ00940.jpg
LOL thanks you are already more helpful than half of the respondents here who still struggle to find a sense of existence.

where are the mods?? close the thread, the question has been answered and it's allowing ppl to post more sarcastic (funny) responses and OP is getting all riled up and insulting pharmacists hahah

Haha it's not an insult, it's a fact. Have a great day.

One foot in the medical school, lost the whole sense of humor already. Calm down Geez.
Awww, you're so cute.

well, welcome to SDN. You're hypersensitive and generating nonsense threads...you'll fit right in!

Awww, you're so cute.

well, welcome to SDN. You're hypersensitive and generating nonsense threads...you'll fit right in!

Um... Why are you still hanging out here with your self-claimed 'don't fit in'? Bye troll, the door is to your right hand side~ :) :) :)

Going to pay the fine anyways, don't wanna waste my time since this ticket is pretty harmless.
Im sorry if you are concerned about parking ticket affecting your med school chances...you must be dumb. There's no other way around this. Or you have nothing better to do and decide to create bs threads/topics

Look who's feeling's hurt, calling others dumb like a 5 years old. SMH. I know something better to do than Going to Pharm School and Replying under a Pre-Med thread, rebounding from Med school rejection. Quit spitting your daily cynical venom everywhere, talk to your boss if you need a salary raise, don't troll around SDN like a "real champ". Yikes.
Lmao..your response just verified what i stated. You're so insecure. Come on learn a lil. Just delete this topic and make sure no one ever knows you created it. But then ppl like you make SDN entertaining when Im bored, so maybe just continue same way

Closing thread as the OP has been answered and the thread has devolved into TOS violating territory.

This is a reminder to keep it professional on the professional forums, no matter the topic being discussed or the nature of the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.