why would anyone with a brain go into Primary Care?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trollest

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, i have been contemplating Family practice or primary care for a while, but after shadowing a solo DO today, at her family practice. I don't see how it;s a viable choice, i mean we went over the financial side of the equation, she stated having trouble making ends meet. Thus will be switching to a direct primary care model, under-which no insurance company will be involved!! At the end of the day, i couldn't help it but connect the dot between dying podiatry practice and family care. I mean she had no more than 10 patients today, and most of them came for refill. Plus, some of them told her flat out, that they will be switching to another doctor.

Also, how is the cash only service sustainable, when OBAMACARE penalizes those with no insurance?

In a real world, INSURANCE, CODERS, AND RETURNS, is primary care even worth it? And is anyone doing anything about improving it? As i am seriously interested in both primary care and General surgery.

Members don't see this ad.

seriously-bro-troll-harder.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
omg, this is actually a serious post.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the troll...I mean, the OP. Family Medicine is stupid. I could be sitting in a dark room fighting to stay awake reading film after film after film after film after film, or working holidays and evenings and weekends putting people to sleep and tilting beds for a surgeon.

Instead, I chose to work less than 40 hours a week, never have to work weekends, evenings or holidays, take call from home, and make over $200,000/year. What the hell was I thinking?!?

Reactions: 14 users
I agree with the troll...I mean, the OP. Family Medicine is stupid. I could be sitting in a dark room fighting to stay awake reading film after film after film after film after film, or working holidays and evenings and weekends putting people to sleep and tilting beds for a surgeon.

Instead, I chose to work less than 40 hours a week, never have to work weekends, evenings or holidays, take call from home, and make over $200,000/year. What the hell was I thinking?!?
Obviously you're stupid and had bad Step scores which is why you had to go FM instead of those other fields.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.