Why Did You Choose Medicine??

undecided1601

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am current a high school student, and I was wondering why you chose to major in Medicine in University. If I may ask, what made you pursue this field and do you have any tips for Pre-Medical or Medical School?? Thank You
(*I am still not quite sure what I want to pursue yet, but am quite interested in this field)

Members don't see this ad.

Your previous post on this topic was moved to hSDN, an SDN forum dedicated to the questions and concerns of folks at your level of education. Premeds and med students, as well as other high school students, will see your questions there: hSDN

Please don't cross-post the same questions in multiple forums.

Also, if you are not a student in the USA, you will find fewer members here with expertise relating to your country-specific concerns. If you are Canadian, there are other forums that you might relate to better.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you in the US?

You don't major in medicine. It's a professional doctoral program completed after undergraduate school. Undergrad is where you usually major in a specific area like biology, chemistry or psychology etc, etc.

There are lots of threads where people talk about their reasons for going into medicine. Use the search function to look around.

Okay, I'll try to search more about the topic there. I am quite new to the forum. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk