Program-Specific Info / Q's Who is attending Elmhurst College in the fall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yoga_OT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Is anyone here attending Elmhurst College this upcoming fall?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone! Is anyone here attending Elmhurst College this upcoming fall?
The school was denied accreditation on April 1st, are you sure you want to go to an unaccredited school?

The school was denied accreditation on April 1st, are you sure you want to go to an unaccredited school?
Ouch, that really stinks. I wouldn't take the risk of going to an unaccredited school.. esp if they were denied it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ouch, that really stinks. I wouldn't take the risk of going to an unaccredited school.. esp if they were denied it.
It says they deferred accreditation not were denied FWIW

Well, technically you both are correct - Elmhurst College was deferred in December 2016, then denied in April 2017...
So if I'm not mistaken, they have to restart the accreditation process with ACOTE.

Well, technically you both are correct - Elmhurst College was deferred in December 2016, then denied in April 2017...
So if I'm not mistaken, they have to restart the accreditation process with ACOTE.
does anyone know why they were denied?

Thank you for posting this! I just found out yesterday when I checked the website. What are your thoughts on the school being able to regain pre-accreditation?

does anyone know why they were denied?
I was told that the reasons should be posted in around 15 days or so, and that they will be visited again in early August to redetermine eligibility. Elmhurst should send out an e-mail to both the current and upcoming class as well.

I was told that the reasons should be posted in around 15 days or so, and that they will be visited again in early August to redetermine eligibility. Elmhurst should send out an e-mail to both the current and upcoming class as well.
There wouldn't be an incoming class since they were denied accreditation. Sorry to disappoint you.