Which schools are the most "respected?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pstifter

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now my top choices are ICO and UMSL, but I'm having trouble finding out which schools are the most respected in the optometry world. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

This isn't a very good question. I would say all schools are equally reputable and good except for the new ones which I think many would frown upon. I went to ICO and enjoyed it. UMSL is good too. Can't go wrong with either one in terms of education - go where you would be happiest based on other factors. Prestige/respect is irrelevant among the established schools

Reactions: 1 users
This isn't a very good question. I would say all schools are equally reputable and good except for the new ones which I think many would frown upon. I went to ICO and enjoyed it. UMSL is good too. Can't go wrong with either one in terms of education - go where you would be happiest based on other factors. Prestige/respect is irrelevant among the established schools

Maybe it seems like it's not a "very good question" because you know the answer. These things aren't readily apparent to those of us that are just entering the optometry community. Nonetheless, thanks for the rest of your response.