Which BIO to purchase?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cinnamon89

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm an optometry student and it's time for us to choose which equipment we'd like to buy. I'm having a difficult time choosing a BIO. Some optometrists are saying that practices will provide it for you/ you don't use BIO much in practice so just purchase a mid-tier one.

We have an option between:
Keeler wireless vantage (~3000AUD)
Neitz (~3300AUD but comes with BIO lens)
Scan Optics (not a fan)
Heine (1900-3000)
and lastly, the new spectacle-mounted BIO (Spectra iris) for ~1950AUD

I'm quite comfortable with either of the above except for the Scan Optics BIO. I realize that the prices may be a lot more expensive because I'm from Australia.
I would love to hear your experience and advice on which one to purchase.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
I'm an optometry student and it's time for us to choose which equipment we'd like to buy. I'm having a difficult time choosing a BIO. Some optometrists are saying that practices will provide it for you/ you don't use BIO much in practice so just purchase a mid-tier one.

Scan Optics (not a fan)
Heine (1900-3000)

I'm quite comfortable with either of the above except for the Scan Optics BIO. I realize that the prices may be a lot more expensive because I'm from Australia.

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

Scan Optics (not a fan)
Heine (1900-3000)

Thank you!

I got the heine! i like it a lot :) i felt it was more comfortable on my head than the keeler. my class was pretty split between heine (mostly) and keeler.