Where to get lesion localizing practice for neuroanatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lannister

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We're on week 8 (of 14 weeks, plz kill me :hungover:) of our neuro block, and the lesion localizing is starting to get very cumulative. It was fine when it was just sensory problems and oculomotor problems and simple stuff like that, but now that they're throwing in the cerebellum and the basal ganglia and the limbic system and whatnot, it's starting to feel overwhelming. And for some reason, we're not really provided with any practice problems. I've tried looking for some on my own but I haven't had much success. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I can find some lesion localizing practice problems?

Members don't see this ad.

I have no actual useful answer to your question.... But you know, the word "problems" was left out of the title of your post, so I thought you were asking how you could give someone a head injury causing a specific deficit....

Reactions: 2 users
I have no actual useful answer to your question.... But you know, the word "problems" was left out of the title of your post, so I thought you were asking how you could give someone a head injury causing a specific deficit....

If I wanted to practice causing neuro lesions, I have a whole list of people to practice on, starting with our neuro block director. :rofl:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Clinical neuroanatomy made ridiculously simple

The UMich anatomy page tends to have a lot of good written questions. Tons of people that I know swear by Clinical Neuroanatomy Made Ridiculously Simple, which comes with an associated CD that has lesion practice. If you have access to a Gray's Anatomy Review it has a plethora of great lesion questions.

Order MRI

Reactions: 7 users
We're on week 8 (of 14 weeks, plz kill me :hungover:) of our neuro block, and the lesion localizing is starting to get very cumulative. It was fine when it was just sensory problems and oculomotor problems and simple stuff like that, but now that they're throwing in the cerebellum and the basal ganglia and the limbic system and whatnot, it's starting to feel overwhelming. And for some reason, we're not really provided with any practice problems. I've tried looking for some on my own but I haven't had much success. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I can find some lesion localizing practice problems?
Review & Practice Units Menu