Where is the "Warning" forum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freddydpt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I had a terrible experience with a financial company that charged exorbitant fees and I lost significant money (primarily due to said fees), am I allowed to mention the company on the forum or is that considered against the rules?

Members don't see this ad.

If I had a terrible experience with a financial company that charged exorbitant fees and I lost significant money (primarily due to said fees), am I allowed to mention the company on the forum or is that considered against the rules?

I wouldn't think mentioning something like this, including the name, would be against the TOS. Personal attacks against other members would be against the TOS.

Reactions: 1 user
I think this is a good place to mention that if you're smart enough to get yourself into medical school and through all of that training, you're smart enough to manage your own finances. You don't NEED a financial advisor IMHO. Spend some time reading whitecoatinvestor.com and you'll see what I mean. It's not that difficult. In fact, you can pick up a copy of his book and combined with the forums on WCI that should be all you need to know to manage your own finances correctly.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think this is a good place to mention that if you're smart enough to get yourself into medical school and through all of that training, you're smart enough to manage your own finances. You don't NEED a financial advisor IMHO.

While I agree with that, unfortunately managing finances properly isn't a question of intelligence, it's a question of behavior. Plenty of highly intelligent folks cannot manage their own finances. You have to put that intelligence to work to actually do it correctly.

Reactions: 1 user
I would stick to the facts. Financial services companies are very conscious about their online image and are not afraid to defend it against libel. You can say "My opinion is that these guys are bad advisors" and "they recommended whole life insurance for me when I still had 8% student loans" but you might not want to say "These guys are crooks" unless they have a verifiable criminal record.