Where do I apply?? or can I even apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jing jing e

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I'm a rising senior at one of top 30 colleges with GPA of 3.33 (both sgpa and average gpa) and decent extracurricular activities.
I just took the DAT and got these scores:
PAT: 23
QR: 25
RC: 23
Bio: 19
GC: 25
OC: 23
TS: 22 / AA: 23
I had to take it so late into the summer because I was doing summer dental program till early July. Because of the program I only had around 5 weeks to study for DAT (I half gave up on bio section cuz of the sheer range of info and not enough time).
I'm trying to decide where to apply but I have 0 clue...I came up with a list of schools that I'm familiar with:
1. Maryland
2. Tufts: Boston MA
3. East Carolina: Greenville, NC
4. New York
5. Temple, PA
6. Michigan
7. Augusta, GA
8. Southern Illinois
9. Boston University
10. Rutgers
11. VCU

- underlined ones are private. VCU would be ideal because it's instate and I want to specialize. And I have to take tuition into consideration.

I would appreciate any suggestions/feedback!! I have no idea where I stand...

Members don't see this ad.

Take out Southern Illinois for sure, they don't accept OOS applicants I believe. Maybe Augusta as well, because they only can take 10% of the class size as OOS students (~ 10 students).

i see. thank you for the replies. I'm thinking around 12 schools to apply to. is that lot?

Members don't see this ad :)
i see. thank you for the replies. I'm thinking around 12 schools to apply to. is that lot?
Not a lot. I have similar stats as you and I'm applying to 20+. You're pretty late so should try to at least apply to 15.

Not a lot. I have similar stats as you and I'm applying to 20+. You're pretty late so should try to at least apply to 15.
wow I have pretty much identical stats to OP and I applied to 6 schools and thought it was good enough, but yeah I would suggest around 15 for you OP.

I wouldn't apply to Georgia unless you are a Georgia resident. Not OOS friendly. They usually only take a few OOS students.

Reactions: 1 user
Take out Southern Illinois for sure, they don't accept OOS applicants I believe. Maybe Augusta as well, because they only can take 10% of the class size as OOS students (~ 10 students).
^ Agreed, except SIU does accept OOS, it's just VERY unlikely. Here are their stats from 2016
upload_2017-8-23_10-48-20.png

Reactions: 1 user