What would i have to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TISMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Done.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can you just list your cGPA by year, your EC's, if you are URM, and state residency for future readers of your post. It's just too dang long!

Like many pre-med advisors, yours is mistaken. My school's own master's program accepts people below 3.0 GPAs.
Suggest you do some homework to find an appropriate SMP. I don't wish to read the novella you posted, I wanna know you can handle medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you just list your cGPA by year, your EC's, if you are URM, and state residency for future readers of your post. It's just too dang long!

edited it! any more information needed? My state residency is NY

You mentioned staying in school until you pulled your grades up; with 3 years of college almost finished there is little you can do to pull your grades up at this point. Getting a 40+ on the MCAT is a tremendous feat even for people who got straight A's in pre-reqs, but you are correct in your realization that as high an MCAT score as possible is required.

Even with your URM status, I don't see how you'll get into med school without an SMP. There's a list of SMPs out there somewhere...just do a quick search! There are tons of programs available, and while some might have a minimum 3.0 cGPA, I don't think that's the case for many programs. From here on out though you need to keep your grades up. An upward trend in your grades will also work in your favor.

You mentioned staying in school until you pulled your grades up; with 3 years of college almost finished there is little you can do to pull your grades up at this point. Getting a 40+ on the MCAT is a tremendous feat even for people who got straight A's in pre-reqs, but you are correct in your realization that as high an MCAT score as possible is required.

Even with your URM status, I don't see how you'll get into med school without an SMP. There's a list of SMPs out there somewhere...just do a quick search! There are tons of programs available, and while some might have a minimum 3.0 cGPA, I don't think that's the case for many programs. From here on out though you need to keep your grades up. An upward trend in your grades will also work in your favor.

Would a sudden jump from the grades I am getting to for example a 3.7~3.8 and keep it steady count for that upward trend?

Yes it would. The steeper the upward trend, the better. That being said, don't overload yourself trying to do that. You know yourself and what you can handle best.