What to do...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

travelingbadger

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
During undergrad I was an athlete who was told I couldn't go pre-PT due to scheduling. I still tried to take some classes under the radar and loved them. After graduation I went into a field that I just didn't feel like it fit me. During college I worked FT, maintained my athletic status, and had a few classes that I wasn't too proud of (results wise). Health and family factors also went into some bad grades, but I know I should have done better. If you were to go back and look at my last 60 credits, it would show I have more than a good enough GPA to get into PT school, but I just second guess myself.

For the past year I've been working my butt off at my job, taking classes, and shadowing. At this point I don't know where to turn for advice. I want to be a PT more than anything. I'm just beyond worried that I'm going to have trouble getting in. Since I've been taking classes again I've done great, except for a physics II class this semester at a community college (which I should have never taken). I had issues with the professor and really didn't get the support I needed. This being said I'm 0.2% off from getting a C. I know that it's looked somewhat down upon to get a C, but even after talking to him and working with all sorts of things this semester, he's going to leave it at a D. I am absolutely devastated.

I've been loving my shadowing lately and know that I am more than capable of becoming a PT. I'm just concerned. Next winter, I should be able to go back to school FT to complete my pre-reqs. I just was wondering if anyone has any sort of advice? I have no one to turn to...

Members don't see this ad.

During undergrad I was an athlete who was told I couldn't go pre-PT due to scheduling. I still tried to take some classes under the radar and loved them. After graduation I went into a field that I just didn't feel like it fit me. During college I worked FT, maintained my athletic status, and had a few classes that I wasn't too proud of (results wise). Health and family factors also went into some bad grades, but I know I should have done better. If you were to go back and look at my last 60 credits, it would show I have more than a good enough GPA to get into PT school, but I just second guess myself.

For the past year I've been working my butt off at my job, taking classes, and shadowing. At this point I don't know where to turn for advice. I want to be a PT more than anything. I'm just beyond worried that I'm going to have trouble getting in. Since I've been taking classes again I've done great, except for a physics II class this semester at a community college (which I should have never taken). I had issues with the professor and really didn't get the support I needed. This being said I'm 0.2% off from getting a C. I know that it's looked somewhat down upon to get a C, but even after talking to him and working with all sorts of things this semester, he's going to leave it at a D. I am absolutely devastated.

I've been loving my shadowing lately and know that I am more than capable of becoming a PT. I'm just concerned. Next winter, I should be able to go back to school FT to complete my pre-reqs. I just was wondering if anyone has any sort of advice? I have no one to turn to...
Retake any courses with bad grades and apply to a school like marshall University. Look them up they only consider the highest grade if taken twice. So you can change a 3.0 to 3.6 fairly easily pre req gpa wise. Take the gre and knock it out. Take it day by day though as it is undoubtedly overwhelming. Pick a plan of when to apply when to take the gre and any classes you need. You will get in. Most people on here think you need like 3.8 to get in. Just keep around a 3.5 and you are solid.