What should I do during senior year of college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

800shoes

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Brand new here (Hi!). I'm going into my senior year at a small private college in Minnesota.

325(162/163) GRE
3.6 GPA
3.2-3.3 pGPA

40 hours non-medical volunteering
25 hours observation, all outpatient

Because of the observation hours, I don't think I will be able to apply by the deadline this year, which for several reasons doesn't bother me. I graduate in May 2018, and early admit deadlines start in July/August.

During the school year I will get 50 total hours at a single outpatient PT. I plan to get 50 hours at an inpatient clinic during the school year and May-July.

What else should I do? I'm a three-sport athlete (XC/IT&F/OT&F) so I only have one weeknight a week and half of weekends to work with.

Members don't see this ad.

Make sure you get A's in your remaining classes and get hours in different settings.

Your stats are already good but if you get 30+ hours in 4 or 5 settings each you would be set

Technically you could still apply this year, if you get your hours verified from the PT as "planned hours" even though you haven't technically completed them. They still count if the PT sign off on it. Just make sure you do it before the PT school application deadline.

Also, are the 40 hours non-medical under a PT? Because it definitely has to be verified by one.

But it would definitely make you more competitive if you follow what Abudara says and volunteer at a variety of settings (SNF, acute, inpatient rehab, etc.)