What should be goal MCAT score with 3.44 Cum GPA and decent resume?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stupidparticle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeated post or a stupid question but I am new here and honestly clueless.
I just took my MCAT and voided it because I felt like I did really poorly on it (pressure of the test got to me.)
Anyways, my family moves a lot and I have 4 total transcripts (transferred 3 seperate times). My cumulative GPA is 3.44, science GPA 3.5, and there probably staying there considering I have 4 classes until graduation. I have been working full-time as a dealership car detailer (obviously not a medical job) since freshman year with a decent amount of volunteering and internships.
I have no idea what MCAT score I need to get me into a MD school, or if an MD school is even possible for me.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks everyone

Members don't see this ad.

This table is a good way to get an idea of what score you should be shooting for depending on your GPA.
https://www.aamc.org/download/321508/data/factstablea23.pdf

AAMC also provides more data that is more specific to your gender and/or ethnicity which would be good to look at as well.
Applicants and Matriculants Data - FACTS: Applicants, Matriculants, Enrollment, Graduates, MD/PhD, and Residency Applicants Data - Data and Analysis - AAMC

Keep in mind that this data is derived from MD schools only and not DO.

Reactions: 1 user
As high as possible! Not because you need it as high as possible - as referenced by the table above - but rather a good MCAT makes everything else fade in importance. Shoot for the 528 and if you land at a 510, or even a 505, you'll eventually get in to medical school somewhere.

This table is a good way to get an idea of what score you should be shooting for depending on your GPA.
https://www.aamc.org/download/321508/data/factstablea23.pdf

AAMC also provides more data that is more specific to your gender and/or ethnicity which would be good to look at as well.
Applicants and Matriculants Data - FACTS: Applicants, Matriculants, Enrollment, Graduates, MD/PhD, and Residency Applicants Data - Data and Analysis - AAMC

Keep in mind that this data is derived from MD schools only and not DO.
Thank you that table is exactly what I needed!