What percentage of correct questions equals 400 or 500 on COMLEX Level 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medic_90x

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mainly just curious about this but what percentage do you need to get for a 400 or 500 (passing and average scores)? I've heard numbers ranging from 50 to 70% for 400.

Members don't see this ad.

No way to tell, honestly. I averaged around 80% on combank and scored 700ish on COMLEX.

I think the COMBANK percentile ranking is fairly accurate...at least in my experience.

Reactions: 1 user
No way to tell, honestly. I averaged around 80% on combank and scored 700ish on COMLEX.

I think the COMBANK percentile ranking is fairly accurate...at least in my experience.
The thing is a lot of people will use it in different ways so the percentile's accuracy can be thrown off for some people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mainly just curious about this but what percentage do you need to get for a 400 or 500 (passing and average scores)? I've heard numbers ranging from 50 to 70% for 400.

I'm assuming like any other curved exam, it'll depend. The harder the exam, the more the percentages shift left and the greater the adjustments will be to the right. I don't think there's any official data on #correct since the amount of trial and thrown out questions vary every year as well. Closest thing you could probably come to judging this info would be practice exams.

Do you think nbmes or uworld % are reflective of comlex score?

Do you think nbmes or uworld % are reflective of comlex score?

I think those resources are good predictors (I think I averaged around mid 70s on UWorld--but that may be wrong). I think COMBANK is probably a better predictor. I actually really liked COMBANK. it did a good job at throwing a lot of the random bull **** into their questions just like COMLEX (calculating APGAR scores, bioterrorism, etc.). I found that my COMBANK percentile was pretty much spot on for level 1 and level 2.

Reactions: 1 users
I think those resources are good predictors (I think I averaged around mid 70s on UWorld--but that may be wrong). I think COMBANK is probably a better predictor. I actually really liked COMBANK. it did a good job at throwing a lot of the random bull **** into their questions just like COMLEX (calculating APGAR scores, bioterrorism, etc.). I found that my COMBANK percentile was pretty much spot on for level 1 and level 2.

Agree. I didn't do the math for Level 1 so I don't know if it was predictive, but I definitely thought it felt like Combank, and I'm hoping it serves me as well for Level 2.

Going through boards bootcamp it equates a 60% to 400 and a 70% to 500.

This is a tricky question to answer... Your score is scaled based on the questions that you get (since the questions come from a huge question pool). So you will have a much different test than the guy/girl sitting next to you. If you get a lot of difficult questions you could, in theory, score lower and get the same score as someone who got more correct with less difficult questions.

This question has been asked several times in the past. No one really knows the exact answer.

It's somewhere in the realm of 45-50% for 400 and I want to say low to mid 60s for 500. It varies though.

I agree with what most others said in the thread.

Going through boards bootcamp it equates a 60% to 400 and a 70% to 500.
Absolutely not, the exam has experimental questions on there.
It's somewhere in the realm of 45-50% for 400 and I want to say low to mid 60s for 500. It varies though.

I agree with what most others said in the thread.
This. My prof writes questions for NBOME and he said a 50% correct should at least give you a pass.