What 'other' non-pharmacy...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parjn

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was wondering what 'other' non-pharmacy type jobs someone with a PharmD could get hired in? For example, could someone with a PharmD get a job at a restaurant or start up a new business. Or get a job doing accounting or something?

If they got a degree or something in addition to their PharmD, what would give them the most prospects without taking into account massive debt:confused:? I'm just curious what would be said, because I'm sure there's more than things previously mentioned.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I was wondering what 'other' non-pharmacy type jobs someone with a PharmD could get hired in? For example, could someone with a PharmD get a job at a restaurant or start up a new business. Or get a job doing accounting or something?

If they got a degree or something in addition to their PharmD, what would give them the most prospects without taking into account massive debt:confused:? I'm just curious what would be said, because I'm sure there's more than things previously mentioned.

What does a PharmD have to do with working at a restaurant or starting a business?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pharmacy is already a very broad profession. Today, pharmacists don't just count pills and verify prescriptions. You can work in different settings like:
- Retail Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Health Insurances
- Academia
- Research
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Consultant Pharmacist
- Clinical Pharmacy (often requires residency)

I know one pharmacist who is currently trying to go the clinical route, but she mentions that she never knew about the residency options before and would have rather just do a degree in medicine than.

Nice I saw some good variety answers. Working in a restaurant isn't related to a PharmD, but the question I asked was basically what non-pharmacy related stuff could you do if you happen to have a PharmD but aren't going to use it.