what is the schedule of a dental school student ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobebucsfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
like is it like college where they have like 3 classes a day and go home

or

like a 9-5 schedule mon-fri

??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
8-5 is correct but i think half is classes and the other half of the day is clinical part.

*Don't quote me on this* LOL

Bump...could someone put there timing up on here...

Like an example: Anatomy 8-9am, Micro 9-10am, 10-11am Lunch...etc.

I just want to see how this 8-5pm schedule is broken down. I've seen the curriculum before, just want to see the times. Thanks!

8-5 is correct but i think half is classes and the other half of the day is clinical part.

*Don't quote me on this* LOL
I'll quote you cause it isn't necessarily correct.

You might have some 4 hour blocks like 8-12, lunch 12-1, and class 1-5.

Lab for us was in the afternoon after a 1 hour lecture... so 1-2 lecture, 2-5 lab.

A lot of pre-clinical courses were 4 hours long... included lecture and lab.

In 2nd year there were many days with just class. We'd have 8-10, 10-12, lunch 12-1, class 1-3, 3-5.

Now that we're in clinic, we have class 8-10, clinic 10-1, lunch 1-2, and clinic 2-5.

In 4th year it's class 8-9, clinic 9-1, lunch 1-2, and clinic 2-5.

what r the exams like in dental schools ??

are they multiple choice ??

what r the exams like in dental schools ??

are they multiple choice ??

I think that talking to a dental student may be the best option on this one and I can only speak on the dental exams that I have seen (from only one dental school), but they are multiple choice. Alot of the classes use scantrons at the particular school that I am thinking of. These exams vary in length based on the class, now I have not seen exams from all of the classes, in fact I have not seen anything from D1 or D2 year. I have seen exams from several D3 and D4 classes over the period of about 10 years and they have been multiple choice.

I hope this helps, but you may not even be interested in the dental school that I am familiar with, so all of this information can be worthless... Sorry