What is the proper term for any medical practice that isn't surgical?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mitrieD

Just clinical? So there's either clinical and surgical practices?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Y'all are killn me.

But thanks lol I just thought there was a more proper term but I guess not

Y'all are killn me.

But thanks lol I just thought there was a more proper term but I guess not
I suppose you could use something like "clinical". I don't think it's necessarily mutually exclusive with surgical, but I would think the term clinical might only involve the connotation of very basic procedures or no surgery at all.

I've heard "clinical" used as "non-surgical", since nobody really says "non-surgical".

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

I suppose you could use something like "clinical". I don't think it's necessarily mutually exclusive with surgical, but I would think the term clinical might only involve the connotation of very basic procedures or no surgery at all.

I've heard "clinical" used as "non-surgical", since nobody really says "non-surgical".

That's why I'm asking. I haven't heard one Podiatrist say the word "nonsurgical"

That's why I'm asking. I haven't heard one Podiatrist say the word "nonsurgical"
You could maybe also say "medical", which again may not be mutually exclusive with "surgical" but I would think for the most part would differentiate something from being "surgical". Again, I can't think of a perfect answer to your question, other than what Sweatshirt said, which doesn't seem very common.

Thinking about it more, "clinical" or "medical" may seem better for speaking while "non-surgical" wouldn't seem out of place in a written format (like a study). I suppose it depends on context and format.

Alright, I'm gonna try to forget about this thread now. I should've just left it at Sweatshirt's answer. I've got a Spring break to enjoy.

Reactions: 1 user
I was listening to an interview of a podiatrist yesterday and he casually said surgical and non-surgical.

FWIW, the job postings I've seen only have been denoting non-surgical and calling it as such. As far as jobs go, the ones I looked at didn't make special note unless non-operative. But that's just my $0.02