What is the best science course to take?

CrazyboyMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I originally signed up for AP Chemistry next year...I am then told that it is one of the hardest AP courses in the school, and unless you have an aptitude for math, you shouldn't take it...

So I got to my guidance counselor and she signs me up for Honors Physics (I took AP Biology my junior year, I am a rising senior in HS)

But I honestly do not want to take Physics...And my friends tell me it's boring....My Guidance Counselor tells me Colleges like to see Chemistry, Biology, and Physics....

So one of my only science course options left is AP Environmental Science, should I take it? Do colleges like to see that type of course in your transcript? Has anyone here taken AP Environmental?

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly don't think it really matters that much. Take whichever one you are most interested in and can likely get a better grade in.

Reactions: 1 user
Colleges like to see A's, they care more for that than what classes you took.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you the same kid that wants to wear scrubs while working in EMS?

Reactions: 1 user
At my school, APES was the cop-out, easy A AP class.
Grades are most important, and junior year is more important than senior year. You really just need an AP class. The reason you may want to take either Chemistry or Physics is because those are pre-reqs, so you will be better prepared to take those classes in college and will get a better grade.