What is the best credential evaluator?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

potterprincess15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Just wanted to find out what credential evaluator is best when applying for dental school? I read that ECE is more reliable but gives low GPA and that WES is disorganized with the paperwork and causes delays/ loss of credentials.
What did you use?
Thanks and any response is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools will accept ECE, some will accept only ECE, some will accept both but prefer ECE. Only Oklahoma needs both ECE and WES. ECE is therefore mandatory, WES you can or cannot go for, depending on your choices. So do your research well. Good Luck.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going for ECE. It looks like ECE is the standard requirement for all dental schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
ECE is accepted by most of the schools but some schools like LLU needs transcripts to be sent directly from the graduated university. Good part of the story, LLU is okay with WES evaluation.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I have to do ECE, too. I am planning to take RHS exam (to get NJ X-Ray License) next week. They also want an ECE report of radiologic courses.
I am planning to take NBDE part 1 within 6 months. So I want to get the ECE report once. I don't want to pay more.
What should I do?
There is a ECE service in NJ. They give ECE report for NJ Radiology Department, fee is $160. But they had never worked for Dentistry Board.