what is considered health care experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

akgrown907

Optical field?
Pharmacy?
Mental Health?

do any of these count?

Members don't see this ad.

they only want you to talk very strictly about your sexual health care experience.

i guess technically your referenced fields fall into the category, but i wouldn't risk it :shifty: trust me, i'm going to be a doctor

I consider any experience where you get to see physicians directly in contact with patients as a healthcare experience- so that includes volunteering in hospitals, shadowing, working in a clinic, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools like volunteering in a hospital, shadowing a physician, etc. If you are able, get a job at a hospital or clinic where you can directly interact with patients. It stands out during interviews. Usually, medical schools like something that involves MDs, DOs, RNs, etc. Working at an optical office or pharmacy isn't going to do much for you unless you are trying to get into those fields.

Schools like volunteering in a hospital, shadowing a physician, etc. If you are able, get a job at a hospital or clinic where you can directly interact with patients. It stands out during interviews. Usually, medical schools like something that involves MDs, DOs, RNs, etc. Working at an optical office or pharmacy isn't going to do much for you unless you are trying to get into those fields.
I work with social workers, psychiatrists, psychologists and optometrists. Does that count?

I work with social workers, psychiatrists, psychologists and optometrists. Does that count?

I think it counts for something, but if you're going for medical school specifically, I'd get some hours in a doctor's office or hospital and work at least a little bit with some MDs or DOs.